• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Encoding Movie Restarts After Screen-Saver Login

CR8ONS

Question

Yesterday I started DVD Maker, watched it for ~2 minutes (to 5%), then gave it a "Windows-L" and went to do other things. Came back after 30 minutes when it should have been done. When I logged back in (from locked screen) surprise! It flickered at me and restarted at 0%. I tried this several times to see if I was witnessing a "bug" -- yep! Each time the encoding reached ~5% I gave it a "WIN-L" then logged back in, each time it flickered and restarted at 0%. Finally. I started it and just turned off the screen ... 30 minutes later I had my DVD movie! I'm running Win 7 Ultimate (64) on a quad-AMD.

Edited by CR8ONS

2 answers to this question

I don't know what DVD Maker is but I tried W-L while MyDVD was encoding and it does stop, then start over. I've not tried this in any other encoding program to see if the same thing happens to say that this is a bug but I would think (hope) that while the system is locked, the background business should continue.

I've had that happen with other apps (and even with downloads).

I started using the most efficient screen saver years ago - I disable the windows one and use the big button on the monitor when I have to be afk and leave the computer running ;)