• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Import 720p 60fps but get only 30fps in videowave

alewisdvm

Question

Hello,

New to all the HD video recording.

Just picked up a Kodak Zi8. Love it so far.

I am actually quite please with teh 720p 60fps mode. More so then the 1080p when trying to follow my daughter's every move.

Here's the problem.

When I try to upload the videos into videowave and I check the properties of the videos, it says they are only 30fps?

They are .mov files.

I wasn't sure if changing to mp4 and then uploading into videowave would matter.

How do I keep the files at 60fps?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Hello,

New to all the HD video recording.

Just picked up a Kodak Zi8. Love it so far.

I am actually quite please with teh 720p 60fps mode. More so then the 1080p when trying to follow my daughter's every move.

Here's the problem.

When I try to upload the videos into videowave and I check the properties of the videos, it says they are only 30fps?

They are .mov files.

I wasn't sure if changing to mp4 and then uploading into videowave would matter.

How do I keep the files at 60fps?

Thanks

The standard for DVDs are 29.97 fps. If you want to put/play the DVD on a standard DVD player; it has to be 29.97 (30 fps). Remember that HD can be progressive or interlaced. Read about this here.. Frames VS Fields per second. BTW, movies are often 24 fps.

The standard for DVDs are 29.97 fps. If you want to put/play the DVD on a standard DVD player; it has to be 29.97 (30 fps). Remember that HD can be progressive or interlaced. Read about this here.. Frames VS Fields per second. BTW, movies are often 24 fps.

Really confused now.

Then what's the point in being able to record in 720P "60fps" on the mini camcorders if I can't even output it.

Does that mean that I lose video quality as soon as I upload the video from the camcorder to the roxio software?

Really confused now.

Then what's the point in being able to record in 720P "60fps" on the mini camcorders if I can't even output it.

Does that mean that I lose video quality as soon as I upload the video from the camcorder to the roxio software?

You need to do a little more resading in the subject. Perhaps this will help. That 720 "p" is important.

Edited by sknis

You need to do a little more resading in the subject. Perhaps this will help. That 720 "p" is important.

Understand.

Where I am confused is if recording at 60fps helps with faster motion in recording, what good is it, if you can't upload to computer and put on to a DVD at 60fps (it gets saved in roxio at 30fps)?

Are you still storing more information at 60fps, so even though it is saved at 30fps it is better picture overall?

Thanks for any replies

Understand.

Where I am confused is if recording at 60fps helps with faster motion in recording, what good is it, if you can't upload to computer and put on to a DVD at 60fps (it gets saved in roxio at 30fps)?

Are you still storing more information at 60fps, so even though it is saved at 30fps it is better picture overall?

Thanks for any replies

What part of this statement don't you understand?

"50p and 60p is a progressive format used in high-end HDTV systems. While it is not technically part of the ATSC or DVB broadcast standards, it is rapidly gaining ground in the areas of set-top boxes and video recordings."

When you make a DVD using Create DVD, you do have the choice of i or p.

There was an old saying "I'm from Missouri - show me". In this case rather than a back and forth discussion and since watching video is so subjective, I would strongly suggest that you try both and see which one you like. Make a 5 minute or less movie with the two different settings on your camcorder. Try to make them as close to each other as possible. Put them in Edit Video Advanced and output them to different HD formats. Use the settings you like the best.

Of course, we haven't talked about your computer handling the HD files. What do you have for a computer, especially the video card.

Do you have a blu-ray burner? of not, it is pretty much a moot point. Do you have a blu-ray player that will play AVCHD discs? You can make AVCHD discs with a standard burner (40 minutes per disc).

If you wish, you can do a shortcut. Your camcorder probably has a mini-HDMI port. Mkae the two movies as above. Plug that cable into your HD TV and see if you can see any difference. At 720, I don't think you will; at 1080, you may see a difference.

Edited by sknis

How do you save 720p 60fps files?

They all seem to convert to 30fps when downloaded off of kodak zi8 camcorder?

If they cannot be copied to computer maintaining 60fps, then is it still advisable to use the recording setting of 60fps (720p only). I am not comparing to 1080p 30fps at all.

Thanks

How do you save 720p 60fps files?

They all seem to convert to 30fps when downloaded off of kodak zi8 camcorder?

If they cannot be copied to computer maintaining 60fps, then is it still advisable to use the recording setting of 60fps (720p only). I am not comparing to 1080p 30fps at all.

Thanks

Are you just trying to save? Just copy the files to a folder on your computer.

Did you do the test I suggested?

Are you just trying to save? Just copy the files to a folder on your computer.

Did you do the test I suggested?

Not ready. Yet, but intend to actually do some samples comparing the 1080p, 720p 60fps and 30fps to see what happens.

It just doesn't make entire sense to me, regardless how they view on the screen, what the benefit of a 60fps record may be at 720p, if you can't "save it" using a program like roxio creator in 720p 60fps. Why does it downconvert?

Not ready. Yet, but intend to actually do some samples comparing the 1080p, 720p 60fps and 30fps to see what happens.

It just doesn't make entire sense to me, regardless how they view on the screen, what the benefit of a 60fps record may be at 720p, if you can't "save it" using a program like roxio creator in 720p 60fps. Why does it downconvert?

You probably don’t know it but there have also been HD CD’s as well as HD DVD’s that Roxio never addressed…

But like your 60 fps video, unless you have the equipment to play them, you are just kidding yourself.

A regular TV cannot display a Blu-ray picture in BD Quality!

Don’t get hung up on the imaginary quality that you think 720P @ 60 fps is going to give you.

Do the tests and you will understand.