• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Device sense error?

buddy2007

Question

9 answers to this question

When I try to use the feature of "Drag & drop" files into a DVD-RW, when it tries to burn, it will soon come up with the error message "Device sense error" & it fails.

What does this mean?

Thank you.

Are you talking about the Roxio BURN application? The device sense error should have a code with it. What are the numbers. It simply means that Roxio can't "talk" to your burner.

Are you talking about the Roxio BURN application? The device sense error should have a code with it. What are the numbers. It simply means that Roxio can't "talk" to your burner.

When I have a DVD-RW in my E drive, I like to "Drag & drop" folders of files from my desktop in there, when I click on the "burn disc flame" logo, it starts burning, but then before it finishes, I will get this message "Device sense error" What does this mean?

Someone in a similar thread hinted that Memorex disks are problematic. (what I was using)

I did not get any numerical error codes.

Edited by buddy2007

Device Sense Error's are the drive reporting it can't do it

It could well be the Memorex or even the drive itself

Since I have no other issues with this drive & burning cds & DVDs, I will try a different brand of DVD-RW, I think Memorex has given me problems before. Sony has worked well.

Any other suggestions?

Edited by buddy2007

Since I have no other issues with this drive & burning cds & DVDs, I will try a different brand of DVD-RW, I think Memorex has given me problems before. Sony has worked well.

Any other suggestions?

What you burn to a disc is important so I would not scrimp on the disc. I suggest Verbatim or JVC (Taiyo Yuden). The JVC may be available on line only. This is for example only; it is not intended to suggest that you buy from this site or any other. Nor does it suggest that other DVD media does not work. Verbatim may make -R only.

This chart listing quality of DVD media is for information only. It does not mean that every disc/pack age disc is good/bad.

What you burn to a disc is important so I would not scrimp on the disc. I suggest Verbatim or JVC (Taiyo Yuden). The JVC may be available on line only. This is for example only; it is not intended to suggest that you buy from this site or any other. Nor does it suggest that other DVD media does not work. Verbatim may make -R only.

This chart listing quality of DVD media is for information only. It does not mean that every disc/pack age disc is good/bad.

Well, I tried Sony DVD-RW & got the same error.

I use Sony DVD-R all the time for making home movies, Etc...no problem.

I wonder if it's there's a setting that needs to be made, or if it's a software issue?

Anyone else ever get this error..."Device Sense Error" ?

If the same error occurs witrh other media, then it's time to suspect the drive itself.

Sense codes are NOT software errors - they are drive errors

The drive works fine for playing & burning DVD-Rs & CDs

Previously, I had used Easy Media Creator 7, and the "drag & drop" feature worked fine.

With Media Creator 10, I get the error. I think I will try Verbatim brand. If that doesn't work, I wonder if there is a setting that needs to be addressed?