• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Turtlepower

Audio/Video Don't Sync

Question

Good Afternoon,

I've been using Roxio 2009 for 2 years now and never had a problem burning movies etc. I convert AVI files to WMV using Any Video Converter. I then preview them in Windows Media Player to check to Audio and Video Sync. and they match up. I then burn them to a DVD using Roxio. I then try to burned DVD on my DVD player, the movie plays fine till like 40min in, then the lip sync gets messed up. This has happened for any movie i have tried to burn in the last week any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated Thanks. I also tried using Windows DVD Maker and the same problem happens.

13 answers to this question

Good Afternoon,

I've been using Roxio 2009 for 2 years now and never had a problem burning movies etc. I convert AVI files to WMV using Any Video Converter. I then preview them in Windows Media Player to check to Audio and Video Sync. and they match up. I then burn them to a DVD using Roxio. I then try to burned DVD on my DVD player, the movie plays fine till like 40min in, then the lip sync gets messed up. This has happened for any movie i have tried to burn in the last week any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated Thanks. I also tried using Windows DVD Maker and the same problem happens.

1) Defrag you hard drive frequently. Make sure you have enough free space. Remove junk file, programs you don't use, etc. Disconnect from the Internnet and shut down everythng else that is running including anti-virus and anti-malware. Do what is applicable here.

2) Burn (encode) to an ISO (image file) and copy that to a good quality disc.

Good Afternoon,

Why are you converting the avi files to wmv? You are going through 3 compressing.uncompressing cycles when you do that. With each cycle you lose quality.

BTW, how long in time are those avi files? You can only burn 60 minutes of video on a standard 4.7GB DVD using best quality. Any longer and the video has to be compressed with loss of quality.

Why are you converting the avi files to wmv? You are going through 3 compressing.uncompressing cycles when you do that. With each cycle you lose quality.

BTW, how long in time are those avi files? You can only burn 60 minutes of video on a standard 4.7GB DVD using best quality. Any longer and the video has to be compressed with loss of quality.

What should i be converting the AVI files to then? I used to convert them to DVD NTSC but then Roxio doesnt use AC3 Audio. WMV has worked the best for me when burning DVD's. Oh k so only 60min of the video on the standard 4.7gb dvd use the best quality so thats why prob after like 60 the audio and video get out of sync. I burned a few movies that are like 90 min+. But when i burn With Roxio i select Fit to disc should i select something else?

Thanks for the reply as well

What should i be converting the AVI files to then? I used to convert them to DVD NTSC but then Roxio doesnt use AC3 Audio. WMV has worked the best for me when burning DVD's. Oh k so only 60min of the video on the standard 4.7gb dvd use the best quality so thats why prob after like 60 the audio and video get out of sync. I burned a few movies that are like 90 min+. But when i burn With Roxio i select Fit to disc should i select something else?

Thanks for the reply as well

Where did you get your iformation that Roxio does not use AC3 audio? It is wrong unless you have a OEM version of C2009 in which case several features would be missing or are disabled.

What is the source of you avi files?

Fit-to-disc ia about the worst quality setting you can use :blink: The best method for overlong videos is to select High Qaulity and burn to an iso image file and not directly to DVD. The iso file will be too large to fit an a DVD but by using Burn Image file you can transode the iso to fit on a DVD and the quality will be much better then any of the other option.

Where did you get your iformation that Roxio does not use AC3 audio? It is wrong unless you have a OEM version of C2009 in which case several features would be missing or are disabled.

What is the source of you avi files?

Fit-to-disc ia about the worst quality setting you can use :blink: The best method for overlong videos is to select High Qaulity and burn to an iso image file and not directly to DVD. The iso file will be too large to fit an a DVD but by using Burn Image file you can transode the iso to fit on a DVD and the quality will be much better then any of the other option.

Well when i try to burn the DVD NTSC converted file it tells me AC3 is not supported in this version please upgrade. Audio will be replace by silence. Oh k so fit to disc is the worst huh good to know.

So can you go over the step and programs i would need to burn a overlong DVD. How to burn it to an ISO etc. and so forth.

Well when i try to burn the DVD NTSC converted file it tells me AC3 is not supported in this version please upgrade. Audio will be replace by silence. Oh k so fit to disc is the worst huh good to know.

So can you go over the step and programs i would need to burn a overlong DVD. How to burn it to an ISO etc. and so forth.

What version, of the software, do you really have? It appears that you have an OEM version of EMC 9, not a retail version of any Roxio product.

Where did you get your version of the software?

What version, of the software, do you really have? It appears that you have an OEM version of EMC 9, not a retail version of any Roxio product.

Where did you get your version of the software?

I have Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE. It came installed on my computer and i have a CD for it.

I have Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE. It came installed on my computer and i have a CD for it.

You have a 3 year old version which is a OEM on top of that. The replies I made applied to the Roxio Creator 2009 version which you claimed you had in your first post. Since you don't really have that program, my responses don't apply.

You have an OEM version which has many features missing or disabled. Most likely it is missing the AC3 audio encoder.

AC3 audio is disabled in the crippled, free version that you have. Search these forums, and you will see others, who are/were in the same situation.

The solution is to upgrade to a full version of Roxio software.

AC3 audio is disabled in the crippled, free version that you have. Search these forums, and you will see others, who are/were in the same situation.

The solution is to upgrade to a full version of Roxio software.

Thanks. What do u suggest is the best software to upgrade to. Roxio Creator 2009? Roxio Creator 2010? Roxio Easy Media Creator 9? etc.

Thanks. What do u suggest is the best software to upgrade to. Roxio Creator 2009? Roxio Creator 2010? Roxio Easy Media Creator 9? etc.

If your computer will support it, I would get Creator 2010.

K but any of those versions support AC3 Audio right? thx for your help.

If they are FULL retail, or downloaded versions, of the Roxio software, they do.

If they are an OEM version that came with a computer, or a DVD burner, they probably don't.

If you look for a copy of any of the versions of the software, on e-Bay, beware. There are lots of folks who sell the OEM versions.