• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do I use the Edit controls in Toast Video Player?

doctormelodious

Question

Greetings,

When I click the "Edit..." button next to a TiVo clip I have dragged into Toast 10 Titanium, the Toast Video Player opens. There is a row of thumbnail images along the bottom of the window -- kinda like the ones you use when you edit videos on an iPhone. But I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do with them. There is also what seems to be a Marker button at the bottom, and -- by trial and error -- I have discovered that I can mark In and Out points. But what can I DO with the resulting selection? I would like to be able to delete it -- you know, EDIT the video -- but the "Clear" command just clears the markers, not the content. What am I missing here??

Putting the word "edit" into the search box in the Help menu just points me to the "Close Editor" menu item. Nor is there any mention of this in the Toast 10 Titanium Users Guide PDF. I also searched this forum, but couldn't get anything useful from the results. I'm sure the answer is obvious, but Roxio has hidden it well, and I am stumped. :blink:

So, thanks in advance for any clues you can provide!

DM

EDIT: I figured out how to set up "green" zones in the program, by adding markers and dragging around their separate In and Out points. But then, when I went to do a test export, which contained a couple of short "green" zones, Toast Titanium completely ignored them, and proceeded to export the entire program.

So, I remain stumped...

Edited by doctormelodious

1 answer to this question

Okay, my apologies for replying to my own post, but I think I've figured it out. (A Google search was more helpful than the forum search.) Those "green" areas of the timeline that I am marking off are actually the areas that T 10 T will ignore when exporting the file, not the areas that it will export. So why are they colored green?? Who knows? But hey, whatever works.

Edited by doctormelodious