• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error - A locked allocation can't be used in the current command buffer

manchtrash

Question

Using easy media creator 10 on vista, specifically the videowave application to combine a couple of mp4 files into one file, I get the following error:

Error

A locked allocation can't be used in the current command buffer.

I have full read/write access to the files, plenty of ram, disk space, etc. What gives me this error? And how do I fix it?

5 answers to this question

Using easy media creator 10 on vista, specifically the videowave application to combine a couple of mp4 files into one file, I get the following error:

Error

A locked allocation can't be used in the current command buffer.

I have full read/write access to the files, plenty of ram, disk space, etc. What gives me this error? And how do I fix it?

That's a new one on me -Google says it is a graphics error. Please list your computer specifications. When was the last time you rebooted. When did you get rid of junk files? When did you defrag? How much free space do you have on your hard drive. where did you get the mp4 files? How large (long) are the videos. How many users are there on this computer? When you supply these answers, we'll have a starting point. Here are some free tools you can use.

Specifically, what video card/chip do you have? When was the last tiime you updated the drivers for it? Read more here.

Edited by sknis

That's a new one on me -Google says it is a graphics error. Please list your computer specifications. When was the last time you rebooted. When did you get rid of junk files? When did you defrag? How much free space do you have on your hard drive. where did you get the mp4 files? How large (long) are the videos. How many users are there on this computer?

Specifically, what video card/chip do you have? When was the last tiime you updated the drivers for it?

I reboot about every week or less, cleaned with ccleaner last month & a half, haven't done a defrag in awhile, disk space should be no issue - hdd 1 has 100GB free, hdd 2 has 150GB- The mp4's were flv's from online that I converted using handbrake and they are all about 5-10minutes (anywhere from 25 to 70MB). There is only my account on the hp m8120n machine with an NVIDIA GeForce 7350 LE graphics card. Core2 quad 2.4 ghz processor with 3 GB ram.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I reboot about every week or less, cleaned with ccleaner last month & a half, haven't done a defrag in awhile, disk space should be no issue - hdd 1 has 100GB free, hdd 2 has 150GB- The mp4's were flv's from online that I converted using handbrake and they are all about 5-10minutes (anywhere from 25 to 70MB). There is only my account on the hp m8120n machine with an NVIDIA GeForce 7350 LE graphics card. Core2 quad 2.4 ghz processor with 3 GB ram.

Thanks for the quick reply!

HMMM Handbrake ! Do these files have DRM protection?

Did you upgrade the drivers for that video card (here)?

Do you have your hard drive partitioned? I'm just googling for that error and these are the things that show up. The error is computer and/or OS related and not this software so you might find better help elsewhere.

Edited by sknis

HMMM Handbrake ! Do these files have DRM protection?

No.

Did you upgrade the drivers for that video card (here)?

Not thru NVIDIA's website. Vista's own update check said it was up to date. I might try this option tomorrow.

Do you have your hard drive partitioned?

Yeah. Dual boot with ubuntu 9.04. But I swore I was able encode other times. It's been almost 3 years since I've 1st partitioned my hdd.

I'm just googling for that error and these are the things that show up. The error is computer and/or OS related and not this software so you might find better help elsewhere.

Hmmm. I've been able to encode on other programs. And I'm not sure if this matters, but the error IS a roxio videowave error, not a generic-vista-microsoft error. I can continue with my other applications and close out videowave with no problems.