• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Adding photos and videos to PhotoShow

lvchoralman

Question

Help. While I've never had any problem adding more than one photo when creating a PhotoShow 6 project off line, I do when I'm creating on line. It would seem logical and simple enough to hold down the "CTRL" key and click on more than one photo to add to the project, just as Roxio suggests. However, that does not work for me. Am I the only person with this problem? Anyone have suggestions? I've addressed this with the Roxio Tech people via E-mail and have gotten no help from them. More often than not, unfortunately, when I get a response to a tech problem it typically has little or nothing to do with the problem I've raised. I sometimes wonder if a real human being responds to these question or if some sort of text scanning program looks for key words and generates a response. I have at least 6 other photo story/DVD creation programs. Most of them are FAR more sophisticated than PhotoShow, BUT this is the program I almost always use. I love it, but I've asked why they left so many things out of Version 6 that were great in Version 5. Never any response. At least they HAVE just added some level of photo editing back in. YES! Thanks you, Jesus. There IS a God! :)

3 answers to this question

I am unable to upload any of my videos (all in one of the acceptable PhotoShow 6 formats) to an off line project. However, strangely, I can add my videos when I am creating a project ON LINE. This is a fairly recent problem, for I never had problems with this in the past. Just the last month or so. I wrote Roxio Tech about this problem on line. Unfortunately, as is far too often the case, the response I received had nothing at all to do with the question I raised...same as I described here. The Tech response told me Raxio has been having problems uploading PROJECTS to the on line site. I have no problem uploading my PhotShows. EVER. It's adding my own videos (yes..I know they need to be less than 50 megs long) when I'm off line. Any suggestions? As I commented in another post a few moments ago, I LOVE PhotoShow 6. Love the additions. I've hated the fact that some cool features in version 5 were dropped, but I think someone there is starting to get the message because they have just added back in SOME of the photo editing features that were in Version 5. Thanks, ROXIO! Keep at it. I'd be willing to pay more for an upgrade, and even a bit more for a Premium Membership, if you keep improving the program.

I am unable to upload any of my videos (all in one of the acceptable PhotoShow 6 formats) to an off line project. However, strangely, I can add my videos when I am creating a project ON LINE. This is a fairly recent problem, for I never had problems with this in the past. Just the last month or so. I wrote Roxio Tech about this problem on line. Unfortunately, as is far too often the case, the response I received had nothing at all to do with the question I raised...same as I described here. The Tech response told me Raxio has been having problems uploading PROJECTS to the on line site. I have no problem uploading my PhotShows. EVER. It's adding my own videos (yes..I know they need to be less than 50 megs long) when I'm off line. Any suggestions? As I commented in another post a few moments ago, I LOVE PhotoShow 6. Love the additions. I've hated the fact that some cool features in version 5 were dropped, but I think someone there is starting to get the message because they have just added back in SOME of the photo editing features that were in Version 5. Thanks, ROXIO! Keep at it. I'd be willing to pay more for an upgrade, and even a bit more for a Premium Membership, if you keep improving the program.

If you are talking to Roxio Tech Service then you are talking to the wrong people. Go here and use the information on the right. Call them.

Update your version to the 830 build if you have not.

IS this change tied into a build update or is it something that just started to happen.

You could have combined both posts into one.

If you are talking to Roxio Tech Service then you are talking to the wrong people. Go here and use the information on the right. Call them.

Update your version to the 830 build if you have not.

IS this change tied into a build update or is it something that just started to happen.

You could have combined both posts into one.

Thanks for your suggestions. The link was fine. I've been there before and used the phone and on line contacts. Did not do those these past few time, just because I didn't have the time to sit around, but will try that again in the future. Thanks.

Yes, I do have the 830 build and, in fact, tried re-installing it just a day or so ago to see if that might help. It didn't, BUT, now that I think of it, the problems I've had MAY have started after I first updated to the 830 build.

Thanks for telling me I could have combined my two issues. This was my first time using on on-line community support and I thought it might be best to separate them.

Thanks, again, for your suggestions. Maybe I'm just going to have to wait for what I hope might be a version 7 sometime before the next moon landing. :)