• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 12 keeps hanging "Not Responding"

Sol Rosenberg

Question

I'm working on a project in Videowave 12 with lots of jpegs, .m2ts, and .mov files. It lets me do about 15-30 minutes worth of work (adding files, trimming video, adding audio, etc.) then I'll try to trim an audio file or add a video file or some regular part of building a production and it suddenly goes grey and is listed as "not responding" or will flicker back and forth between not responding and running (though when it is "running" I can't do anything anyway). I have to keep shutting it down through task manager and starting again, losing lots of work I have done.

Also, saving takes an inordinate amount of time - each time I save my work, it takes at least 15 minutes before I am able to continue working on the project. It's always been like that, but this thing with Videowave hanging all the time is new.

Specs:

Dell Precision M4400, running Windows Vista Ultimate Version 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)

Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Verson 1.10 A11

Intel Core2 Extreme CPU Q9300 @ 2.53 GHz (4 CPUs)

3572 MB RAM

DirectX Version 11

NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M - Approx. Total Memory 2029 MB

15 answers to this question

OK, now that I've done a driver update, restarted the computer, opened the project again and added some images and video, when trying to save it I get this message:

Could not create the renderer object. This might be caused by directx 9.0 not being installed, or the display adapter not fully supporting directx 9.0.

OK, now that I've done a driver update, restarted the computer, opened the project again and added some images and video, when trying to save it I get this message:

Could not create the renderer object. This might be caused by directx 9.0 not being installed, or the display adapter not fully supporting directx 9.0.

Now I have added Directx 9.0, though I think I already had a more up to date version? Anyway, that made that warning disappear immediately (I left Videowave running while I installed directx 9.0).

Is there a way to allocate more memory to videowave 12 (Creator 2010)? It seems to top out at about 650 000 K (I have 4 GB RAM). Slow to save projects - saving a 20 minute project takes at least 20 minutes.

Your problem is not with your RAM, and, if you have a 32 bit system, you already have 1 GB of wasted RAM, that you OS won't use.

You posted 3 times about a driver update. What driver did you update?

How about rebooting your computer, disabling your antivirus software. See if that works for you.

Your problem is not with your RAM, and, if you have a 32 bit system, you already have 1 GB of wasted RAM, that you OS won't use.

You posted 3 times about a driver update. What driver did you update?

How about rebooting your computer, disabling your antivirus software. See if that works for you.

NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M

Edited to get post out of the quote.

Edited by grandpabruce

Did you do the rest of what I suggested?

Yes, I reboot the computer everytime videowave stops working. Now I have just turned off my antivirus and am going to attempt to work on the project again and see if I can do more than 20 minutes of work without it freezing up.

By the way, since updating NVIDIA and installing Directx 9.0, I have again had the "not responding" problem.

Did everything suggested here. Videowave slows way down after a few minutes of work, then when I go to save, it bounces between Running and Not Responding, and in the end I just have to shut it down and my work is not saved. Problem not resolved.

Try rolling back your NVidia video drivers, to an earlier version.

Have yo managed to have your problem resolved as I'm having the same issue. Had it with my old computer but that was a piece of junk anyway. Had a new computer built so I could do my editing and went from a laptop to a desktop and the same problem occurs even get it if I try to trim a video file that is a little too long for roxio I'm peeved thinking of changing to another brand of software.

Have yo managed to have your problem resolved as I'm having the same issue. Had it with my old computer but that was a piece of junk anyway. Had a new computer built so I could do my editing and went from a laptop to a desktop and the same problem occurs even get it if I try to trim a video file that is a little too long for roxio I'm peeved thinking of changing to another brand of software.

Explain "too long for Roxio". What error are you getting? You should start a new thread with all the details of your issue. We have to assume that the original poster got his issues fixed. Are you getting the same error messages? How long is the video file and what is the format of the file. Where did you get it?