• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

no sound

topyiddos

Question

20 answers to this question

HI I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE I HAVE THE RED,YELLOW,WHITE CABLES ALL TOGETHER CONNECTED FROM THE VCR TO MY LAPTOP I ENTERED A VHS AND PRESSED PLAY. I CAN SEE THE MOVIE AND IM ABLE TO UPLOAD TO MY LAPTOP BUT WHEN I PLAYBACK THERE IS NO SOUND.

ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO USE A SEPERATE RED, SEPERATE YELLO AND SEPERATE WHITE CABLES?

HI I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE I HAVE THE RED,YELLOW,WHITE CABLES ALL TOGETHER CONNECTED FROM THE VCR TO MY LAPTOP I ENTERED A VHS AND PRESSED PLAY. I CAN SEE THE MOVIE AND IM ABLE TO UPLOAD TO MY LAPTOP BUT WHEN I PLAYBACK THERE IS NO SOUND.

ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO USE A SEPERATE RED, SEPERATE YELLO AND SEPERATE WHITE CABLES?

Go to the other post that you have going on this subject http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry329891 .....quit jumping around it gets confusing....stick with one thread

The issue still hasn't been answered. Yes ping has commented on another thread about the same issue but you don't have to be ugly about it. The issue is not answered there either. Apparently several people are having the same problems and all anyone is doing is trying to find out what is wrong.

The issue still hasn't been answered. Yes ping has commented on another thread about the same issue but you don't have to be ugly about it. The issue is not answered there either. Apparently several people are having the same problems and all anyone is doing is trying to find out what is wrong.

I have answered your other post.

Hi,

I'm trying to capture video, going from camcorder to computer using s-video cable and have no sound. My connections are good any suggestions?

Dell Dimension E521

CPU/Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ 1.90 GHz

Vista 32-bit with SP2

2GB RAM

Sound: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 9400 GT

DirectX 11

Edited by amweil

Hi,

I'm trying to capture video, going from camcorder to computer using s-video cable and have no sound. My connections are good any suggestions?

Dell Dimension E521

CPU/Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ 1.90 GHz

Vista 32-bit with SP2

2GB RAM

Sound: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 9400 GT

DirectX 11

Tell us how you have the Red and White Audio cables hooked up?

post-68-059566000 1288381213.png

Edited by ogdens

So i see. I guess i need to shop for a new cable, are they all basically the same?

Did you look at cd's post #2 above? It explains exactly what you need to do.

The S-connection only transfer the video, no audio. If you use the s-cable you will have to get a red-white cable set and there is no need for a yellow connection.

You can also get a yellow/red/white cable set. In this case you do not use the s-connector.

There are cables available that have all 4 connection in one set. Just ask in your electronics store.

Edited by myguggi

So i see. I guess i need to shop for a new cable, are they all basically the same?

Does your camcorder have both a red & white jack on it....if so, you need one like this http://www.eforcity.com/toth2rca0006.html

You can also get them at the Dollar store (not the greatest in the world but they work for me).

Edited by ogdens

I found the cables with the red and white instead of yellow and white connectors. However now I get loud static from the left speaker.

Does this only happen when using the connections from your VCR.?

If the answer to above is yes, try this, take the Red connection and interchange it with the White one....does the static move over to the Right speaker.

Does this only happen when using the connections from your VCR.?

If the answer to above is yes, try this, take the Red connection and interchange it with the White one....does the static move over to the Right speaker.

If I interchange the red and white connectors the static switches speakers. Don't know if it matters but i'm just using a camcorder, no VCR's involved.

If I interchange the red and white connectors the static switches speakers. Don't know if it matters but i'm just using a camcorder, no VCR's involved.

You did interchange both ends of the cable (not just one end). Try using the same cables with a DVD player as the source. If that works you camcorder is giving you the problem. Plug the camcorder into your TV and see if the static shows up there.

Here are my cables:

rcamalecable-1.jpg

The black one plugs into my camera. Red and white into the capture device.

Then there is the S-video cable going from camera to the capture device.

I can see no other way to connect the camera directly to the computer.

I tried moving the camera as far away from speakers as possible (works with other forms of feedback) but it didn't make a difference.

I think my only choice here is going to be mono sound.

Here are my cables:

rcamalecable-1.jpg

The black one plugs into my camera. Red and white into the capture device.

Then there is the S-video cable going from camera to the capture device.

I can see no other way to connect the camera directly to the computer.

I tried moving the camera as far away from speakers as possible (works with other forms of feedback) but it didn't make a difference.

I think my only choice here is going to be mono sound.

Tell us the make and model # of your camera, then we can ( maybe) get you up and working.