Recompressing error after 10.7 update

rwf642

Question

I have just updated to Toast 10.7 from 10.6 and am receiving re-compressing error. When trying to burn a TSVideo folder to a standard dvd-r I have installed as recommended with no changes on my part. To correct the problem I have removed 10.7 and reinstalled 10.6 and have no problems so far. Any help is appreciated as I would like to use the ipad conversion feature of 10.7. :blink:

7 answers to this question

You can have both versions of Toast on your Mac at the same time. Tell me more about the steps you followed when trying to make the DVD with 10.0.7. When did the error appear?

I selected video type disc, and droped the ripped floder to the screen. (It didn't recognize it (greyed out) or allow me to select it from finder). It gave me the options to select sound track and video options. It proceeded to the small compressing/burning screen and the errored. with the recompress error. It works just fine with 10.06

I selected video type disc, and droped the ripped floder to the screen. (It didn't recognize it (greyed out) or allow me to select it from finder). It gave me the options to select sound track and video options. It proceeded to the small compressing/burning screen and the errored. with the recompress error. It works just fine with 10.06

Probably a bug in 10.0.7 but I don't have anything handy right now to use for confirmation. I'll try to give it a go later today. Thanks for posting about this.

Probably a bug in 10.0.7 but I don't have anything handy right now to use for confirmation. I'll try to give it a go later today. Thanks for posting about this.

My first test shows that the Fit-to-DVD compression is working in 10.0.7 as long as you don't select any options to exclude anything from the source. If you select any option then the error appears at the point Toast begins its processing and Toast must be Force Quit. I'll do some other checking but this appears to be a new bug in 10.0.7.

My first test shows that the Fit-to-DVD compression is working in 10.0.7 as long as you don't select any options to exclude anything from the source. If you select any option then the error appears at the point Toast begins its processing and Toast must be Force Quit. I'll do some other checking but this appears to be a new bug in 10.0.7.

Thank you for your diligence. I did not try to burn without changing the options. I did re-download it and tried it on a different mac with the same results. The option of main feature only with only one sound track was selected and error-ed every time. It's nice you are there to bounce these things off of. Sometimes we feel its only us experiencing these bugs, glad you could reproduce it. Keep up the good service to the community. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your diligence. I did not try to burn without changing the options. I did re-download it and tried it on a different mac with the same results. The option of main feature only with only one sound track was selected and error-ed every time. It's nice you are there to bounce these things off of. Sometimes we feel its only us experiencing these bugs, glad you could reproduce it. Keep up the good service to the community. :rolleyes:

I've passed this info on to Roxio.

I've passed this info on to Roxio.

This is a pretty big bug. How did this pass through QA? Things like this, and there have been many in recent iterations of Toast, that have me looking for a new DVD burning software. Unfortunately, Roxio has the mac market to itself. Roxio definitely needs some competition to keep them focused on making quality software