• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 7 ver. 7.0.2 and burning backup DVD problems

photo_2001

Question

I just started using Toast 7 (new user) ver. 7.0.2, with a Lite-on DVDRW SHM-165P6S-USB DVD Burner.

I'm using Verbatim DVD-R discs. In spanning mode, (if that's the correct term), it says I will need approx.

5 discs. The first disc burns fine, but in the middle of burning the second disc it stops burning with a

message that a file can't be accessed. Makes no sense because the program already checked the hard

disc and I clicked on remove all the files that couldn't be accessed. I then try to eject the disc but it won't

eject so I have to start over. I have tried checking '4x' speed, and 'fastest speed available', same problem.

I'm using a Titanium PowerBook, 667mhz, 512mb, OS X ver. 10.4.6

So far I'm making a lot of coasters. Can anyone help? I'm just trying to back up my

computer.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Does it tell you the specific file that cannot be accessed?

i'm having this problem but in spades. it does say what file cannot be accessed and will be ignored, BUT: two problems come up here. one is that if i click ok, toast 7.1 freezes and goes into beachball spinning mode, must be force quit.

the other is that i cannot locate the inaccessible files. for example, i want to back up my users folder to dvd, but cannot access an invisible file names .ENEVELOPE INDEX.JnHSyI

searching i cannot find the file to ignore it...

ok i see where it is, in ~/Library/Mail/ but it's owned by root.

how can i get around this to back up the whole directory? i can't eliminate invisible files from the Toast window...?

Does it tell you the specific file that cannot be accessed? It could be a permissions related issue would be my first guess. If we can identify the specific file then we will know where to start. If you dont know the particular file, I would repair permissions on that volume, and then run Disk Warrior (must better then the disk repair utility that comes with the mac) on that volume.

i'm having this problem but in spades. it does say what file cannot be accessed and will be ignored, BUT: two problems come up here. one is that if i click ok, toast 7.1 freezes and goes into beachball spinning mode, must be force quit.

the other is that i cannot locate the inaccessible files. for example, i want to back up my users folder to dvd, but cannot access an invisible file names .ENEVELOPE INDEX.JnHSyI

ok i see where it is, in ~/Library/Mail/ but it's owned by root.

how can i get around this to back up the whole directory? i can't eliminate invisible files from the Toast window...?

This is not a helpful reply. I have the same problem but the program asked me to eject the disk and insert a new one, but it won't eject. The cancel button gives an "all will be lost" message but mothing else responds.

Archived