• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Me too

tubro

i'm experiencing the same problem, so i hope you don't mind my jumping in on this thread and answering your questions so that maybe i can solve it.

i've installed ezcd5 on this xp machine probably a half dozen times over the years, always using the patch and the driveup and never having any issues. until now.

[1] What program are you using? [name and version number please]

ecdc v 5.02 platinum with the ecdc_v5.3.5.10_plt_enu patch applied.

[2] What Operating System?

xp pro sp3

[3] What error message or condition are you seeing, and when?

creator starts just fine, as does soundstream. when i add tracks and click on 'record', i receive this error message:

"There are no supported CD-Recorders available. Ensure that your CD-Recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected. You may also need to update Easy CD Creator to recognize your Cd-Recorder. To update Easy CD Creator select Web-Checkup from the Internet menu."

[4] Does Windows Device Manager see your drive?

Yes.

[5] What is the make/model number of your drive? [open the DVD/CD-ROM drives part of Device Manager and tell us the Drive ID(s) that is/are shown there]

two cd drives:

LITE-On DVDRW SHW-160P6S

Memorex 52MAXX 2452 AJ

I did have some issues over the past few days with this ezcd5 install. I forgot not to reboot when i installed it recently so i ran roxizap so as to redo it. that caused some problems in that itunes didn't see the cd drives. but i fixed that. then when i reinstalled ezcd5, didn't reboot, and ran the update, all hell broke loose. computer wouldn't power up - in the middle of the boot, i got a momentary blue screen and it started powering up again from scratch. so i ran it in safe mode and dialed back to a good configuration from before the roxizap mishap. then everything installed fine (except for the cd-r recognition) and the drives were otherwise fine (device manager has them and itunes sees and can use them).

thank in advance.

best, larry

Sorry Larry,

The state of your system now is totally unknown. See if you can get a clean install without bluescreens and dial-backs to earlier times. ECDC 5.3.5.10 with the "V" drive recognition patch has the 2452AJ in its internal tables, but not the Lite-on drive you mention.

Have you installed that drive recognition patch driveup5.3.5v.exe ??

i'm experiencing the same problem, so i hope you don't mind my jumping in on this thread and answering your questions so that maybe i can solve it.

i've installed ezcd5 on this xp machine probably a half dozen times over the years, always using the patch and the driveup and never having any issues. until now.

xp pro sp3

creator starts just fine, as does soundstream. when i add tracks and click on 'record', i receive this error message:

"There are no supported CD-Recorders available. Ensure that your CD-Recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected. You may also need to update Easy CD Creator to recognize your Cd-Recorder. To update Easy CD Creator select Web-Checkup from the Internet menu."

Yes.

[5] What is the make/model number of your drive? [open the DVD/CD-ROM drives part of Device Manager and tell us the Drive ID(s) that is/are shown there]

two cd drives:

LITE-On DVDRW SHW-160P6S

Memorex 52MAXX 2452 AJ

I did have some issues over the past few days with this ezcd5 install. I forgot not to reboot when i installed it recently so i ran roxizap so as to redo it. that caused some problems in that itunes didn't see the cd drives. but i fixed that. then when i reinstalled ezcd5, didn't reboot, and ran the update, all hell broke loose. computer wouldn't power up - in the middle of the boot, i got a momentary blue screen and it started powering up again from scratch. so i ran it in safe mode and dialed back to a good configuration from before the roxizap mishap. then everything installed fine (except for the cd-r recognition) and the drives were otherwise fine (device manager has them and itunes sees and can use them).

thank in advance.

best, larry

xp pro sp3

Yes.

two cd drives:

LITE-On DVDRW SHW-160P6S

Memorex 52MAXX 2452 AJ

thank in advance.

best, larry

tubro, you've been given your OWN topic -

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=64782

I'd suggest you stick with it.

Lynn

i did install the drive up patch, just as i have many times before, and both of these drives have been recognized. the 'dial back' got rid of the blue screens. this is an odd one for sure. but i thought for sure there would be a fix for it.

i did install the drive up patch, just as i have many times before, and both of these drives have been recognized. the 'dial back' got rid of the blue screens. this is an odd one for sure. but i thought for sure there would be a fix for it.

So you've got the program working, the drives have been recognized, and you've got rid of the blue screens. Is everything working okay now?

no, i wasn't clear enough. the drives aren't recognized. what i meant to say is that i installed everything including the drive up patch, just as i have many times before (and on those times the drives were recognized) but although everything's working, there are no drives.

Okay, I have a headache now, but see if I can follow this.

Previously you've installed ECDC 5.3.5.10v in your XP-SP3 and both your drives have been recognized by ECDC.

-This time when installing you got some sort of tangle with iTunes and fixed that somehow.

-Following that you reinstalled ECDC and after applying one of the updates you got a BSOD on power-up

-you then restored settings to a previous date which stopped the BSOD,

-and then installed ECDC again, or something else -as you said, "then everything installed fine"

-Now iTunes is working fine, but ECDC won't recognize the drives.

Is that about it?

If so, it looks very much as if you've got a driver tangle there, somewhere between iTunes and Easy CD Creator.

What is the STOP: error message which the BSOD reported? The error message would likely give some clues.

i'm really sorry about causing the headache. that's pretty close but see below for some clarifications.

Previously you've installed ECDC 5.3.5.10v in your XP-SP3 and both your drives have been recognized by ECDC.

yes

-This time when installing you got some sort of tangle with iTunes and fixed that somehow.

no. This time when installing from the cd (5.02) i forgot not to reboot before applying the 5.3.5.10v upgrade so it didn't work. so i ran roxizap and that seemed to cause the iTunes tangle. but the iTunes error message said that an iTunes reinstall would fix it and that it only affected burning cd's from iTunes, which i don't typically do anyway, so i left that alone....

-Following that you reinstalled ECDC and after applying one of the updates you got a BSOD on power-up

yes.

-you then restored settings to a previous date which stopped the BSOD,

yes but iTunes continued to be screwy, but i did a reinstall there and its working okay.-and then installed ECDC again, or something else -as you said, "then everything installed fine"

yes - not sure where i said i installed something else - i just installed ECDC again, plus the upgrade to 5.3.5.10 and rebooted and then the driveup and then......-Now iTunes is working fine, but ECDC won't recognize the drives.

Is that about it?

yes

If so, it looks very much as if you've got a driver tangle there, somewhere between iTunes and Easy CD Creator.

What is the STOP: error message which the BSOD reported? The error message would likely give some clues.

unfortunately i wasn't able to see it - it Blue Screened, literally, for a fraction of a second during power up and then went right back to the beginning of the power up cycle.

i would consider slapping a new cd drive in the bay to replace the memorex, which is old and slow and can be a bit quirky anyway, unrelated to all of this. but i'm wondering how i'm going to get Easy CD to recognize that one.

thanks again for staying with this. i've had various versions of this software and i always have preferred 5, by far, and i'd like to extend its life a bit longer if possib.e

best, larry

Hello Larry,

I still think that something in iTunes is interfering with Easy CD Creator.

Just for your info, in XP if you right-click 'My Computer' and go to System Properties > Advanced, and un-check the box which offers "Automatically restart" then any BSOD you get will stay there so you can read the messages and filenames.

post-208-1274652469.jpg

If it was my system and I thought I had to have iTunes installed, I would completely clean out ECDC and iTunes and use Roxizap to get rid of the fragments.

Then I'd install and update ECDC, and check its function

Then I'd reinstall iTunes and see what happens.

Then if they conflicted I'd probably have to make the decision that I suspect you're going to have to make.

Regards,

Brendon