Bad Menu Quality - Menu button won't Highlight

raul415

Question

I have followed the instructions for menu buttons that won't highlight but my problem is why is the needed. I now have a newer computer and newer version with Roxio 2010 but the menus look worse.

I love the program and would hate to go back to 9 but the added steps needed to insure you get a crisp menu that functions properly seems a tough nut to swallow.

The system I'm using is has a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 setup.

I will say that I often am making discs with a large number of files squeezing 8 gigs on a 4.76 disc.

The results don't affect the videos quality itself but it makes for ugly menus.

Help!

6 answers to this question

I have followed the instructions for menu buttons that won't highlight but my problem is why is the needed. I now have a newer computer and newer version with Roxio 2010 but the menus look worse.

I love the program and would hate to go back to 9 but the added steps needed to insure you get a crisp menu that functions properly seems a tough nut to swallow.

The system I'm using is has a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 setup.

I will say that I often am making discs with a large number of files squeezing 8 gigs on a 4.76 disc.

The results don't affect the videos quality itself but it makes for ugly menus.

Help!

1) If you have a new computer, it is probably W7. Creator 2010 is the only one that is compatible with W7.

2) Are you creating an ISO file at best quality and then copying that to a disc using Video Copy and Convert?

3) Why don't you just us double layer discs. Most burners and DVD players will handle them. You should not use cost as the reason.

4) Video time is the factor; not video size. That is what you must consider when burning to a disc.

5) Are you dong HD video?

6) Have you updated the drivers for the video card?

7) Are you making your own menus or using a stock menu. How many items do you have on the menu? How many menu pages?

Please explain. What 'added steps'? MyDVD 2010 isn't any different from EMC9 when it comes to creating menus. And the only issue I know is when you try to burn at the lowest settings is when the menu doesn't highlight correctly. I never put more than 1.5 hr on a 4.7GB disc and have never had any issues with the menu at all. Quality is great and everything highlights like it should.

What I mean by added steps is that by following the instructions of going into project settings and changing the setting to HQ then opening the option panel for each movie you've added and uncheck the default setting and so on.

As I say it works but I never had to do this in the previously with 9 or a prior load of 2010.

I am aware the quality might suffer if you create a longer disc but as I say if with the current problem it is the menu that's degraded and not the content itself.

Thanks!

Please explain. What 'added steps'? MyDVD 2010 isn't any different from EMC9 when it comes to creating menus. And the only issue I know is when you try to burn at the lowest settings is when the menu doesn't highlight correctly. I never put more than 1.5 hr on a 4.7GB disc and have never had any issues with the menu at all. Quality is great and everything highlights like it should.

1) If you have a new computer, it is probably W7. Creator 2010 is the only one that is compatible with W7.

2) Are you creating an ISO file at best quality and then copying that to a disc using Video Copy and Convert?

3) Why don't you just us double layer discs. Most burners and DVD players will handle them. You should not use cost as the reason.

4) Video time is the factor; not video size. That is what you must consider when burning to a disc.

7) Are you making your own menus or using a stock menu. How many items do you have on the menu? How many menu pages?

Yes, I know. I meant that prior to the new system I was using XP and didn't have a similair problem.

No, I am creating a video_ts file then burning a disc with the complete project.

I do use dual discs from time to time btu that should but have a bearing on the fidelity of Roxio 2010 performance.

Yes, I know.

I have not made any HD content yet.

I have not updated the driver as the machine is minutes old but I will do that.

I am using the Roxio stock menus so far. Sometimes there are as many as three pages of menus.

Others seem to be having similar problems so some hint at a solution would be great.

Thanks for all the great questions.

What I mean by added steps is that by following the instructions of going into project settings and changing the setting to HQ then opening the option panel for each movie you've added and uncheck the default setting and so on.

As I say it works but I never had to do this in the previously with 9 or a prior load of 2010.

I am aware the quality might suffer if you create a longer disc but as I say if with the current problem it is the menu that's degraded and not the content itself.

Thanks!

Yes, I know. I meant that prior to the new system I was using XP and didn't have a similair problem.

No, I am creating a video_ts file then burning a disc with the complete project.

I do use dual discs from time to time btu that should but have a bearing on the fidelity of Roxio 2010 performance.

Yes, I know.

I have not made any HD content yet.

I have not updated the driver as the machine is minutes old but I will do that.

I am using the Roxio stock menus so far. Sometimes there are as many as three pages of menus.

Others seem to be having similar problems so some hint at a solution would be great.

Thanks for all the great questions.

Do what was suggested in #2. Menu problems seem to be common when you use a lower quality setting (such as Fit-to-disc) for video longer then 60 minutes.

Thanks for the suggestions but I have gone back to creator 9 which has none of these problems. Perhaps the next upgrade of 2010 will solve some of these minor but annoying issues.

Thanks for all the help.

Do what was suggested in #2. Menu problems seem to be common when you use a lower quality setting (such as Fit-to-disc) for video longer then 60 minutes.

Thanks for the suggestions but I have gone back to creator 9 which has none of these problems. Perhaps the next upgrade of 2010 will solve some of these minor but annoying issues.

Thanks for all the help.

Good luck; Creator 2010 is the only one that is compatible with W7. Creator 9 may work for a short time but don't count on it long term.