Unable to burn DVD

weddingmeister

Question

When I click on "Burn PhotoShow Disc", I only get to "Activating Roxio Video Engine" then nothing. I have Roxio 6.0.0 Build 830.

BTW, bravo on adding the "edit photos" to the online edition. I like the themes on the online version but stayed with PhotoShow 5.0 since I couldn't edit the photos as I was making a new PS. Will it be added to 6.0 on my PC? An update, I suppose to 6.0?

I didn't put the "frowny" face up there, btw.

Edited by weddingmeister

7 answers to this question

When I click on "Burn PhotoShow Disc", I only get to "Activating Roxio Video Engine" then nothing. I have Roxio 6.0.0 Build 830.

BTW, bravo on adding the "edit photos" to the online edition. I like the themes on the online version but stayed with PhotoShow 5.0 since I couldn't edit the photos as I was making a new PS. Will it be added to 6.0 on my PC? An update, I suppose to 6.0?

I didn't put the "frowny" face up there, btw.

830 build was the fix for not being able to burn a DVD. Re-download it from the site and reinstall with your anti-virus off. Sounds like a bad install. Where you ever able to burn a DVD?

You, of course know that no one from Roxio PhotoShow ever comes here and reads these posts. This is a user site so we can't take credit for any changes nor can we predict what future changes there are.

Barb? Please red my tag line in my signature.

Edited by sknis

830 build was the fix for not being able to burn a DVD. Re-download it from the site and reinstall with your anti-virus off. Sounds like a bad install. Where you ever able to burn a DVD?

You, of course know that no one from Roxio PhotoShow ever comes here and reads these posts. This is a user site so we can't take credit for any changes nor can we predict what future changes there are.

Barb? Please red my tag line in my signature.

Okay, that seemed to be the problem. I re-downloaded after deleting the "old" one, turned off the antivirus & re-installed. It says it's burning now but says there's 5 hours left. Wow, slower than PhotoShow 5 but we'll see.

Thanks for your help.

Okay, that seemed to be the problem. I re-downloaded after deleting the "old" one, turned off the antivirus & re-installed. It says it's burning now but says there's 5 hours left. Wow, slower than PhotoShow 5 but we'll see.

Thanks for your help.

It should not take that long. You should see a progress icon on the bottom right of your monitor. What is the progress? It may be stuck. How long is the show?

What are you burning to a standard DVD?. What compuer do you have?

It should not take that long. You should see a progress icon on the bottom right of your monitor. What is the progress? It may be stuck. How long is the show?

What are you burning to a standard DVD?. What compuer do you have?

It just finished. It worked. The show is 32 minutes long.

Yes, I'm using a standard Magnavox DVD. My computer is a Dell Diminsion 1100 with Windows XP.

It just finished. It worked. The show is 32 minutes long.

Yes, I'm using a standard Magnavox DVD. My computer is a Dell Diminsion 1100 with Windows XP.

I'm glad it worked. :) How long was the PhotoShow? Have you looked to see if there were any updates for your computer drivers; get them from the Dell web site.

I'm glad it worked. :) How long was the PhotoShow? Have you looked to see if there were any updates for your computer drivers; get them from the Dell web site.

The PS is about 32 minutes long. http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj296/BarbaraInMemphis/ will show a snapshot of what it says. I'm burning another DVD of the same show & it's still taking a long time.

Now for another dumb question - How do I know if I need any driver updates for my Dell?

The PS is about 32 minutes long. http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj296/BarbaraInMemphis/ will show a snapshot of what it says. I'm burning another DVD of the same show & it's still taking a long time.

Now for another dumb question - How do I know if I need any driver updates for my Dell?

Dell has a pretty good web site. If you pt in your computer number, it will tell you what updates are available. Look at the dates. if anything is newer than your computer, then it probably needs updates. For this type of work, look at the any video and audio drivers. Get someone to help with burner drivers or follow their directions exactly.

If you have done maintenance on your computer lately, here is a good place to get some tools. Note that a fragmented hard drive will slow down encoding and burning.

Check your anti-virus to make sure tat it is set to check for any new files coming into your computer and not to check every change made to a file. Some anti-virus programs can really slow down computers.