• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

kd4ko

Interface Error -32030

Question

My Pioneer, internal DVD drive stopped ejecting disks. I replaced it with Apple's Matshita drive.

It burns disks OK with Apple's software but not with Toast. I keep getting "Interface Error -32030, the Connection is Not Stable". Ruins a disk every time!

Roxio seems to think it is a problem with Apple's firmware. According to the System Profiler, the firmware Revision is D809.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

4 answers to this question

Apple rarely updates its drive firmware. You'll need to go to the Apple support site and search for either the model of the drive or the model of Mac that drive shipped with to look for a possible firmware update.

Have you tried a different brand of disc media?

You can try saving as a disc image and change the .toast extension to .dmg and burn with Disk Utility.

Apple rarely updates its drive firmware. You'll need to go to the Apple support site and search for either the model of the drive or the model of Mac that drive shipped with to look for a possible firmware update.

Have you tried a different brand of disc media?

You can try saving as a disc image and change the .toast extension to .dmg and burn with Disk Utility.

Thanks for your reply. I will do as you suggested. I find it strange though, that Apple's software will burn disk OK, but not Toast.

David

Thanks for your reply. I will do as you suggested. I find it strange though, that Apple's software will burn disk OK, but not Toast.

David

Yes it is strange. But there are other situations where this has happened. Something you might try is downloading and running the latest combined system update for your OS version. This does no harm and may result in something getting installed that will help make that replacement drive work.

I created an image as you suggested via Toast and it burned OK.

David

Yes it is strange. But there are other situations where this has happened. Something you might try is downloading and running the latest combined system update for your OS version. This does no harm and may result in something getting installed that will help make that replacement drive work.