• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missing Burn Manager?

maria46

Question

Hi, I used an older version of Roxio Creator and it was great, but decided it was time to update to Roxio Creator 2010. I downloaded Roxio Creator 2010 and Roxio Creator 2010 Content. I have recently put together a production in VideoWave, but when I try to burn to a DVD I get the message: Runtime error Program:C:\Program Files\Roxio 2010\VideoUI12\VideoWave12.exe abnormal termination, and when I click on OK, it just closes down. I looked up and found a blog similar to my problem and it suggested going into Control Panel and repairing the program. But when I tried to do that to Roxio Creator 2010, I received a message "An installation package for product Roxio Burn Manager cannot be found. Try installing again using valid copy". As I do not have a copy/disc because I purchased it via the download method, I now don't know if there is something I missed downloading? Can anyone help please? I am only very basic literate with computer speak, so you need to spoon feed me with any instructions. Many thanks. Maria46.

11 answers to this question

Hi, I used an older version of Roxio Creator and it was great, but decided it was time to update to Roxio Creator 2010. I downloaded Roxio Creator 2010 and Roxio Creator 2010 Content. I have recently put together a production in VideoWave, but when I try to burn to a DVD I get the message: Runtime error Program:C:\Program Files\Roxio 2010\VideoUI12\VideoWave12.exe abnormal termination, and when I click on OK, it just closes down. I looked up and found a blog similar to my problem and it suggested going into Control Panel and repairing the program. But when I tried to do that to Roxio Creator 2010, I received a message "An installation package for product Roxio Burn Manager cannot be found. Try installing again using valid copy". As I do not have a copy/disc because I purchased it via the download method, I now don't know if there is something I missed downloading? Can anyone help please? I am only very basic literate with computer speak, so you need to spoon feed me with any instructions. Many thanks. Maria46.

The first thing to try is to set up your computer like this. Go to Windows add or remove programs (or whatever it is called in your OS) and do a repair. Windows -Start- Settings - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs (In Vista it is Programs and features- scroll down to Roxio Creator 2010 and click on it. You should get a screen to repair. You may have to point to where the extracted download is to get it to complete the repair.

Chances are you installed the program without shutting off your anti-virus completely. If so, you may not have all the content available to you. How many Create DVD menus do you see hen you open that - more than 5?

Edited by sknis

Maria46,

Sounds to me like your missing 'Roxio Creator 2010 Disc2'??

Your download should of had three files, (Roxio Creator 2010, Roxio Creator 2010 Disc2 and Roxio Creator 2010 Content)?

Here is a pic of my three downloads after downloading to my hard drive.

post-97-1274628889.jpg

Did you extract each file to a folder before installing (extracted using WinZip WinRAR unzipping program)?

This is a shot of the Roxio Creator 2010 (I have Pro version) extracted using WinZip WinRAR unzipping program. After I extract them I install by clicking the setup.exe file at the bottom of the list.. This is the first file you should install (Roxio Creator 2010) then (Roxio Creator 2010 Disc2) then (Roxio Creator 2010 Content)...

post-97-1274629568.jpg

I would do the above and follow sknis instructions on the "Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products" link he posted. If you need to uninstall reinstall follow the instructions in the links in my signature for your product and your operating system...

cd

Maria46,

Sounds to me like your missing 'Roxio Creator 2010 Disc2'??

Your download should of had three files, (Roxio Creator 2010, Roxio Creator 2010 Disc2 and Roxio Creator 2010 Content)?

Here is a pic of my three downloads after downloading to my hard drive.

post-97-1274628889.jpg

Did you extract each file to a folder before installing (extracted using WinZip WinRAR unzipping program)?

This is a shot of the Roxio Creator 2010 (I have Pro version) extracted using WinZip WinRAR unzipping program. After I extract them I install by clicking the setup.exe file at the bottom of the list.. This is the first file you should install (Roxio Creator 2010) then (Roxio Creator 2010 Disc2) then (Roxio Creator 2010 Content)...

post-97-1274629568.jpg

I would do the above and follow sknis instructions on the "Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products" link he posted. If you need to uninstall reinstall follow the instructions in the links in my signature for your product and your operating system...

cd

Thank you sknis and cd for your replies. I have checked and only have Roxio Creator 2010 Content and Roxio Creator 2010Content. I definitely do not have Roxio Creator 2010Disc 2 so that may well be the problem. I will now go through sknis' instructions on Preparing your computer and then it looks like I will have to uninstall reinstall and will look for your (cd) links. Will let you know how I go. May take me a while!! I really appreciate your quick replies. Thanks Maria

Thank you sknis and cd for your replies. I have checked and only have Roxio Creator 2010 Content and Roxio Creator 2010Content. I definitely do not have Roxio Creator 2010Disc 2 so that may well be the problem. I will now go through sknis' instructions on Preparing your computer and then it looks like I will have to uninstall reinstall and will look for your (cd) links. Will let you know how I go. May take me a while!! I really appreciate your quick replies. Thanks Maria

Opps slight mistake above. I meant I only have Roxio Creator 2010 and Roxio Creator 2010 Content.....no Disc 2.

Disc 2 is the content.

These are the downloads extracted in there own folders and what Roxio calls them.

Only difference is I have the Pro version, if you don't Pro will not be listed..

maria46 needs RoxioCreator2010 and RoxioCreator2010Content installed for the program to work properly.

RoxioCreator2010Disc_2 is not required or mandatory.

Do we agree? :unsure:

post-97-1274704698.jpg

post-97-1274704484.jpg

post-97-1274704497.jpg

cd

If download, I thought there were three files to download if you had the PRO version as you posted. I guess that I shoul have said the second download -content.

Good point, :o C2010 being only two downloads, pro being three...

I show those two as 1.02GB and 1.06GB not extracted...

cd

Good point, :o C2010 being only two downloads, pro being three...

I show those two as 1.02GB and 1.06GB not extracted...

cd

I have RoxioCreator2010_HX19AXC0R13 as having 937MB and

RoxioCreator 2010Content_HV13AXD05QA as having 1.02GB, so it looks like RC2010 did not download properly! Do I need to uninstall and reinstall both or only RC2010? Could you please tell me where I can find your (cd) instructions to uninstall reinstall?

Many thanks Maria

I have RoxioCreator2010_HX19AXC0R13 as having 937MB and

RoxioCreator 2010Content_HV13AXD05QA as having 1.02GB, so it looks like RC2010 did not download properly! Do I need to uninstall and reinstall both or only RC2010? Could you please tell me where I can find your (cd) instructions to uninstall reinstall?

Many thanks Maria

Here are the instructions.

I don't know if it will work but go to Windows - Setting-Control Panel and then to Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features). Scroll down to Creator 2010 and try doing a repair. It will ask for some of the program; just point it to the new extracted download. It may save some time if it works. The second file may have installed properly so you may not have to repeat it for the Content.

Here are the instructions.

I don't know if it will work but go to Windows - Setting-Control Panel and then to Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features). Scroll down to Creator 2010 and try doing a repair. It will ask for some of the program; just point it to the new extracted download. It may save some time if it works. The second file may have installed properly so you may not have to repeat it for the Content.

Thanks cd for your detailed instructions to do the complete Uninstall. The repair way did not work, so after much trepidation, I decided to bite the bullet and follow each of your steps (which was pretty scary for me - especially going into the system registry!). I am now on a different computer whilst my Dell Desktop with Windows XP finishes the downloads. I have downloaded RC2010 and now in the middle of RC 2010 Content. I thought I would ask for your help again for when the download is finished and I have to run them. Are there any steps I should be aware of before I open them to make sure it all works properly this time? I figure if it does not work this time, I might be better off buying the discs - a waste of money I know, but for someone like me, perhaps in future that is the way to go!!?? All your assistance has been very gratefully appreciated. Maria

Thanks cd for your detailed instructions to do the complete Uninstall. The repair way did not work, so after much trepidation, I decided to bite the bullet and follow each of your steps (which was pretty scary for me - especially going into the system registry!). I am now on a different computer whilst my Dell Desktop with Windows XP finishes the downloads. I have downloaded RC2010 and now in the middle of RC 2010 Content. I thought I would ask for your help again for when the download is finished and I have to run them. Are there any steps I should be aware of before I open them to make sure it all works properly this time? I figure if it does not work this time, I might be better off buying the discs - a waste of money I know, but for someone like me, perhaps in future that is the way to go!!?? All your assistance has been very gratefully appreciated. Maria

I am back and thank you, thank you, thank you. So far, everything seems to be working perfectly! Now I can't wait to get back into finishing off all my projects. You guys are genius+ ! Thanks again for all your help. Regards Maria.