• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
JackTwist1

Playback issue only after 49 mins

Question

Hello. I am new to burning DVDs. I have a variety of video content I have assembled using My DVD. I have now tried this multiple times, different content, different lengths. When I play back the disc on my Blu Ray BD 390, The content plays fine until we hit the 49 min, 42 second mark, then for the rest of the DVD it is choppy. Cuts out, advances once scene at a time in a step wise fashion. This doesn't happen when I play back on my computer. I have tried Verbatim and Memorex DVD+R DL. I am burning at 4x speed and have tried 2.4 as well. Same issue. Always fine until 49:42, then bad after that. Any ideas? Thanks for any help. Very frustrating and expensive. JT

Computer

HP EliteBook 6930p

Roxio MyDVD Ver 10

Windows XO

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8ghx

2.96 GB RAM

HD DVD RW AD-75615

3 answers to this question

Hello. I am new to burning DVDs. I have a variety of video content I have assembled using My DVD. I have now tried this multiple times, different content, different lengths. When I play back the disc on my Blu Ray BD 390, The content plays fine until we hit the 49 min, 42 second mark, then for the rest of the DVD it is choppy. Cuts out, advances once scene at a time in a step wise fashion. This doesn't happen when I play back on my computer. I have tried Verbatim and Memorex DVD+R DL. I am burning at 4x speed and have tried 2.4 as well. Same issue. Always fine until 49:42, then bad after that. Any ideas? Thanks for any help. Very frustrating and expensive. JT

Computer

HP EliteBook 6930p

Roxio MyDVD Ver 10

Windows XO

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8ghx

2.96 GB RAM

HD DVD RW AD-75615

Have you tried a friend's DVD player?

Have you updated the firmware/software for the player - here?

Does this happen with a commercial disc? What is going on in the video at that time?

Thanks for the help. I tried another DVD player a Toshbia combo DVD/VHS and the disc worked fine. So I guess I have an issue with my Blu Ray? Funny, I didn't even think that could be the problem, since it is rather new - although I had issues with it and sent it back to be repaired. Couple of questions for you -

1. Utilizing the Blu Ray player's system menu I checked for software updates and there were none. Is that sufficient when you say update the firmware?

2. The issue I was having was every few seconds the video and audio would pause and then it was like someone was stepping through each frame one by one. Slow motion step forward.

3. I have not had this issue with my blu ray player before. I have had issues with it recognizing certain commercial discs. This has happened two or three times. I have to keep taking the disc out and putting it back in, powering down, that kind of thing. Then eventually the disc plays.

Aside from contacting the folks at LG again, any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks! JT

Thanks for the help. I tried another DVD player a Toshbia combo DVD/VHS and the disc worked fine. So I guess I have an issue with my Blu Ray? Funny, I didn't even think that could be the problem, since it is rather new - although I had issues with it and sent it back to be repaired. Couple of questions for you -

1. Utilizing the Blu Ray player's system menu I checked for software updates and there were none. Is that sufficient when you say update the firmware?

2. The issue I was having was every few seconds the video and audio would pause and then it was like someone was stepping through each frame one by one. Slow motion step forward.

3. I have not had this issue with my blu ray player before. I have had issues with it recognizing certain commercial discs. This has happened two or three times. I have to keep taking the disc out and putting it back in, powering down, that kind of thing. Then eventually the disc plays.

Aside from contacting the folks at LG again, any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks! JT

I would suggest calling them; since it worked on your computer and another DVD player, the problem is not the disc. They can tell you if they installed the latest firmware and tell you if anyone else has reported it. (fat chance that they would admit it). You should not have the problem with recognizing commercial discs and the power off/on that you have to do. The repair obviously was not successful.

Complain loudly but courteously, ask for a manger and don't believe that they are all in a meeting and will call you back. Have the tech stay on the line until they connect you with someone else.