Problems copying DVD's

Stryker

Question

I have used Media Creator 7 for years and recently moved to CReator 10.

When trying to copy DVD's, if the overall size is larger than a standard DVD-R it used to tell me that then offer to

make it fit my DVD-R. Now when trying to copy the same DVD's it just goes on and starts the burn process until it runs out

of space, then errors out. I cannot figure out how to get Creator 10 to automatically adjust the size. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

7 answers to this question

I have used Media Creator 7 for years and recently moved to CReator 10.

When trying to copy DVD's, if the overall size is larger than a standard DVD-R it used to tell me that then offer to

make it fit my DVD-R. Now when trying to copy the same DVD's it just goes on and starts the burn process until it runs out

of space, then errors out. I cannot figure out how to get Creator 10 to automatically adjust the size. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

What program suite do you have? You are posting in the Roxio Creator 2010 forum but state you are using Creator 10. There really is no program Creator 10. There is a Easy Media Creator 10 which is now 3 years/versions old.

What program from the suite are you using to copy the DVD?

What program suite do you have? You are posting in the Roxio Creator 2010 forum but state you are using Creator 10. There really is no program Creator 10. There is a Easy Media Creator 10 which is now 3 years/versions old.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a difference. I am using the latest version called Roxio Creator 2010. I am using Copy and Convert Video to burn Video_TS and associated files. Am I using the wrong suite for this? I do have Windows 7 as my Operating System and have not quite been able to figure this issue out. Thanks for your response.

I am using Roxio Creator 10 with MyDVD. As I explained in an earlier post, I used to use Roxio Creator 7 which would prompt me that the finished DVD would be too large to fit on a standard 4.7 GB DVD. It would then offer to shrink or compress the contents to fit on said DVD. Now since switching to Roxio Creator 10, when I use the copy suite it will not offer to shrink or compress to the 4.7 GB DVD. If I use a dual layer 8.5 GB DVD it will copy as expected. Has the program changed the compression feature, or am I missing a setting that I have not found?

Thanks

I don't think anyone can help you until you identify what program and version you are trying to use! If you are using Creator 10, I think that was an early version of a Dell OEM piece of software so you would have to go to Dell for the help. On the other hand, if you are using Roxio Creator 2010 then....

I am using Roxio Creator 10 with MyDVD. As I explained in an earlier post, I used to use Roxio Creator 7 which would prompt me that the finished DVD would be too large to fit on a standard 4.7 GB DVD. It would then offer to shrink or compress the contents to fit on said DVD. Now since switching to Roxio Creator 10, when I use the copy suite it will not offer to shrink or compress to the 4.7 GB DVD. If I use a dual layer 8.5 GB DVD it will copy as expected. Has the program changed the compression feature, or am I missing a setting that I have not found?

Thanks

That "shrink" option was a program called DiscCopier in EMC 7/7.5 and this has been dropped in the latest versions. There is still a way to accomplish the same thing but until you tell us what version you are using no-one can help you. Please state the correct, full name of your program suite.

That "shrink" option was a program called DiscCopier in EMC 7/7.5 and this has been dropped in the latest versions. There is still a way to accomplish the same thing but until you tell us what version you are using no-one can help you. Please state the correct, full name of your program suite.

Ok I am using Roxio Creator 10 Build 1.2.1b93a SP2 I am using Copy Disk. I don't know how much more or different information I can supply. I know you have so many more pressing issues, and am happy that you have responded to my issue. I wish I would have known that the compress on the fly feature was no longer a part of the program, before I purchased it.This was quite an important part of the program to me.

Ok I am using Roxio Creator 10 Build 1.2.1b93a SP2

Stryker,

Thank you for finally giving a build number so this confusion you've caused can be straightened out.

Build 1.2.1B93A is Creator 2010. You are using Creator 2010, not Creator 10

post-208-1276348147.jpg

If you have the standard version yours will probably be showing Build 1.2.1B93A, R03 where my Pro version shows R04 but it's still Creator 2010.

I suspect you have been causing the other gurus to pull their hair out a bit.

Still now we know what version you really have this topic can go back to the forum where it belongs, and Myguggi and Sknis may be able to help you out.