• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Yes Video - No Audio

VictorianLace

Question

Help. I have roxio creator 2009 and I have some cartoon compilations that I have copied off the TV ( i HAVE A dvd RECORDER) and I am trying to put them together on a single DVD .. Well when I use roxio copy and convert or if I use MYDVD to create compilations they all work great in the program when I click on PREVIEW I can watch the cartoon and hear the sound.. well after I burn them there is video but NO AUDIO!! Yes I checked the language option and chose the only button available which was ALL.. BUT still no audio... What is going on .. I have been trying to create this DVD for 3 days now.....I have purchased higher capacity blank DVD (8GB) I used an 1TB external hard drive to cache my project ( I thought that perhaps my PC hard drive was getting full) but no audio still ... HELP!! Frustrated in AZ!!!

6 answers to this question

Try burning to an image file first (on the hard drive) and open that in a virtual drive and see if the audio is still missing.

How are you copying them? Did you drag the files over to the hard drive first or did you try doing it directly from DVD?

Edited by gi7omy

Try burning to an image file first (on the hard drive) and open that in a virtual drive and see if the audio is still missing.

How are you copying them? Did you drag the files over to the hard drive first or did you try doing it directly from DVD?

You mean when I am in Roxio Copy and Convert or MyDVD right? when I try to "save as" it will not let me choose an image file extension to save them as.. It just comes up as .VCPF or .DMSD file extension and it wont let me change it.. Yes I have copied the cartoons to my hard drive from a DVD.. the copied movies have file extensions of VOB and IFO and BUP... What am I doing wrong?? Help!!

Hey I just discovered something.. When I was exploring the Source DVD and I went to the AUDIO_TS folder.. that folder is Empty!! Does this mean something? Yet when I play the source DVD on TV I can hear the audio.. Now I am really confused!

You mean when I am in Roxio Copy and Convert or MyDVD right? when I try to "save as" it will not let me choose an image file extension to save them as.. It just comes up as .VCPF or .DMSD file extension and it wont let me change it.. Yes I have copied the cartoons to my hard drive from a DVD.. the copied movies have file extensions of VOB and IFO and BUP... What am I doing wrong?? Help!!

Hey I just discovered something.. When I was exploring the Source DVD and I went to the AUDIO_TS folder.. that folder is Empty!! Does this mean something? Yet when I play the source DVD on TV I can hear the audio.. Now I am really confused!

You do not create a video when you use "Save As'. All that creates is a project file which is simply a list of your project, the source you are using, eny edits you applied, etc. It contains no video at all. The audio folder should be empty.

In myDVD select create image file to create the iso file, deselect burn to disc.

You do not create a video when you use "Save As'. All that creates is a project file which is simply a list of your project, the source you are using, eny edits you applied, etc. It contains no video at all. The audio folder should be empty.

In myDVD select create image file to create the iso file, deselect burn to disc.

Yes I realize that all I am doing is saving a PROJECT.. but the guy that posted above suggested that I save PROJECT as an image file and I cannot change the file extension to an known image file.. I will try to create image file and deselect burn to disc and see what happens. Thanks!

Yes I realize that all I am doing is saving a PROJECT.. but the guy that posted above suggested that I save PROJECT as an image file and I cannot change the file extension to an known image file.. I will try to create image file and deselect burn to disc and see what happens. Thanks!

BTW.. what would make my LG burner spin like it is OUT OF CONTROL? Do you think that perhaps my burner is going bad?

You save image files from MyDVD - projects are from Vieowave not from MyDVD

So let's take this in stages:

1: import the captured avi files to Videowave and do your editing there. Go to output and 'Send to MyDVD'

2: send the file from MyDVD to an image file

post-2743-1275056769.jpg

post-2743-1275056816.jpg

gi7omy did not suggest "save PROJECT as an image file" but said to burn the project to an image file. Those are two completely different operations :blink: