• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pixelations during Video_TS conversion-PLEASE HELP!

drGreene

Question

I am trying to rip video that has already been edited (of a wedding) off of the DVD it was burned onto.

Using Toast 10 Titanium, I have tried converting right off of the DVD and also copying the Video_TS file to my computer and then converting.

In either case, I receive the same problem:

Anytime there is the flash from the still photography camera present at the wedding, Toast apparently can't handle it.

I get a pixelated frame with part of the flash and part of the frame before.

It seems to be even getting rid of frames and is messing with the audio.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Is there some way around it?

Any help or ideas you have would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

-drGreene

P.S. It also has this problem when coming off of black right off the beginning of the video.

2 answers to this question

What format are you converting it to? For example, if you are choosing an h.264 conversion such as for AppleTV there is an option in the custom setting to do 4-pass encoding rather than single-pass encoding. That might fix the issue. Alternatively, if you convert to full-quality QuickTime movie and choose the DVCPro50 option the video will be almost fully uncompressed (making a very large file). There also is an option to convert as progressive rather than interlaced. Maybe that file can be encoded to h.264 without the problem.

What settings were you using for the conversion?

What format are you converting it to? For example, if you are choosing an h.264 conversion such as for AppleTV there is an option in the custom setting to do 4-pass encoding rather than single-pass encoding. That might fix the issue. Alternatively, if you convert to full-quality QuickTime movie and choose the DVCPro50 option the video will be almost fully uncompressed (making a very large file). There also is an option to convert as progressive rather than interlaced. Maybe that file can be encoded to h.264 without the problem.

What settings were you using for the conversion?

Sorry for the delay in my response...the past few days were very busy.

I have tried almost every different kind of conversion, and many different settings within those formats, including the progressive and the 4 pass.

All seem to have the same problem.

Toast just seems to have difficulty handling a quick frame (or two) flash of bright light...

Thanks for the help anyway,

-Michael