• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 10 Titanium

frodri6675@aol.com

Question

3 answers to this question

Toast cannot do that. The best solution is to send your 8mm film movies to a service that does those conversions. If you had videos shot with an 8mm tape camcorder then you could use Roxio's Easy VHS to DVD for Mac to convert the analog video to digital. But yours is on film which requires special gear.

Toast cannot do that. The best solution is to send your 8mm film movies to a service that does those conversions. If you had videos shot with an 8mm tape camcorder then you could use Roxio's Easy VHS to DVD for Mac to convert the analog video to digital. But yours is on film which requires special gear.

I might have mislead the group ~ it is 8mm tape, not film. Do you know if i buy a video capture device, can convert the 8mm tape to dvd using ROxio 10?

I might have mislead the group ~ it is 8mm tape, not film. Do you know if i buy a video capture device, can convert the 8mm tape to dvd using ROxio 10?

The video needs to be a digital file before Toast can do anything with it. Once it is digital then Toast can make a video DVD or convert it to a variety of other video formats.

There were two kinds of 8 mm camcorders. One recorded analog video and later there was a version that created digital video. Presuming yours is the analog version there must be standard video and audio outputs on the camera. You can connect those to an analog-to-digital capture device connected to your Mac and play the video from the camera to the Mac. Once digitally captured you add the file to Toast.

Roxio's Easy VHS to DVD for Mac is such a device and it comes with Toast 9 Basic to make video DVDs. It is a stripped down version of Toast compared to the version you purchased. If the only reason you bought Toast 10 is to do this kind of project it makes sense to me that you return Toast 10 for a refund and buy the Easy VHS to DVD for Mac instead. But if you have other uses for Toast then it's good to have them both.