• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Uninstalling Roxio 8 completely

cazador31

Question

I have been using ver. 8 since it came out. Tried to use it today and it said to reinstall the software. I tried to do that and it stopped half way with a bunch of error messages. I have no idea why this happened. It was working fine until today. I tried to uninstall and i cannot get it to completely uninstall. I need to do that so i can reinstall. I have used this from ver. 5 up. Please help me with this. I have deleted roxio from the registry and still i can't get it all. HELP!!!

8 answers to this question

I seem to have gone through the exaxt same thing myself. The steps are:

1. Use add/remove programes to uninstall EMC8

2. Use Roxizap.exe to remove it by brute force (check in \documents and settings\user\application data\roxio and delete these too.

3. use a registry cleaner to get all the leftovers out eg. a microsoft one, or registry mechanic etc

4. reboot

5. reinstall EMC8 suite and register/activate your key

6. reboot

7. install the content.

There is lots of advice in these forums so check a few out.

Hope it helps

Adrian

I did all you said and i still have roxio on my machine. There must be some way to get it off without doing a clean-install

Good instructions Adrian,

hope this helps them, iv added the paths to the files for them to download just in case they dont have a clue were to find them.

Roxio Zap : *URL for Roxizap has been removed*

Microsoft Registry cleaner: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Other files that need to be upto date as well are :

windows installer 3.1

directx Latist

I finally got it out. Now i get this message when i try to install

F:\RCE_CORE_30

IE7830B4.MSI

F:\AUDIO_30

IE7830B8.MSI

F:\COPY_30\IE7830B9.MSI

F:\DATA_3-

IEBA.MSI

F:\TOOLS_30\IE7830BB.MSI

This shows at the end of the program install

Are you installing from a distribution CD/DVD or from the downloadable retail files? CD should be straight forward, but the downloadable version needs a bit more work.

1. Run the file RoxioEMCsuitev8.05_efisd.exe

2. When the install screen finishes the package checking and extracting process open explorer and find the folder where the Roxio files have been extracted to; usually in c:\temp\ptf#\ where # is a number.

3. Copy the complete folder and subfolder to another location where you have enough room as this folder will be some 500mb or more in size.

4. You can either proceed with the install or cancel (I did) and then try the install from add/remove programs and point to the new \ptf folder\setup.exe

Your install may be asking for the .msi files which are the microsoft installer distribution files for the roxio product. These commonly get deleted at the end of the installation process from the \temp\ptf# directory.

Hope it helps

Adrian

Are you installing from a distribution CD/DVD or from the downloadable retail files? CD should be straight forward, but the downloadable version needs a bit more work.

1. Run the file RoxioEMCsuitev8.05_efisd.exe

2. When the install screen finishes the package checking and extracting process open explorer and find the folder where the Roxio files have been extracted to; usually in c:\temp\ptf#\ where # is a number.

3. Copy the complete folder and subfolder to another location where you have enough room as this folder will be some 500mb or more in size.

4. You can either proceed with the install or cancel (I did) and then try the install from add/remove programs and point to the new \ptf folder\setup.exe

Your install may be asking for the .msi files which are the microsoft installer distribution files for the roxio product. These commonly get deleted at the end of the installation process from the \temp\ptf# directory.

Hope it helps

Adrian

I have the cd. It always stops at the place i mentioned earlier. I have removed all stuff pertaining to roxio from my computer. This is driving me crazy "laugh"

I have the cd. It always stops at the place i mentioned earlier. I have removed all stuff pertaining to roxio from my computer. This is driving me crazy "laugh"

I'm afraid I'll need to defer to someone with a bit more knowledge of EMC8 intalls from the CD than me. I am presuming that F: is your CD/DVD drive? These files are ones that I am not familiar with as I have the the complete v8.05 suit download rather than the CD. You could copy the files and folders from the CD to a temporary folder on your hard drive (if you have the room) and then install from control panel add\remove programs pointing to the setup.exe in the temp folder you have created. I would also make sure that the temp folder you create does not have readonly attributes.

Good luck

Adrian

Oh... what I also did was to get the new ms installer MSICUU2.EXE from the misrosoft support download page. Don't forget to read the notes.

I'm afraid I'll need to defer to someone with a bit more knowledge of EMC8 intalls from the CD than me. I am presuming that F: is your CD/DVD drive? These files are ones that I am not familiar with as I have the the complete v8.05 suit download rather than the CD. You could copy the files and folders from the CD to a temporary folder on your hard drive (if you have the room) and then install from control panel add\remove programs pointing to the setup.exe in the temp folder you have created. I would also make sure that the temp folder you create does not have readonly attributes.

Good luck

Adrian

Oh... what I also did was to get the new ms installer MSICUU2.EXE from the misrosoft support download page. Don't forget to read the notes.

I ran the MSICUU2.EXE and then reinstalled and all went well. Thank you for your help and patience.

I have been using ver. 8 since it came out. Tried to use it today and it said to reinstall the software. I tried to do that and it stopped half way with a bunch of error messages. I have no idea why this happened. It was working fine until today. I tried to uninstall and i cannot get it to completely uninstall. I need to do that so i can reinstall. I have used this from ver. 5 up. Please help me with this. I have deleted roxio from the registry and still i can't get it all. HELP!!!

2. Use Roxizap.exe to remove it by brute force (check in \documents and settings\user\application data\roxio and delete these too.

3. use a registry cleaner to get all the leftovers out eg. a microsoft one, or registry mechanic etc

4. reboot

6. reboot

7. install the content.

Hope it helps

Adrian

4. reboot

6. reboot

7. install the content.

Hope it helps

Adrian

Good instructions Adrian,

hope this helps them, iv added the paths to the files for them to download just in case they dont have a clue were to find them.

Roxio Zap : *URL for Roxizap has been removed*

Microsoft Registry cleaner: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Other files that need to be upto date as well are :

windows installer 3.1

directx Latist

Archived