• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

YouTube HD?

HightonRidley

Question

3 answers to this question

I bought VideoWave as part of Roxio Creator 2010. Now I've finally got round to doing stuff for YouTube, I find that it doesn't support HD as an output. What can I do about it?

Cheers,

Highton Ridley

Advertising Removed

Your link looks a lot like advertising for your site and things you sell. Things like that are not allowed. Please remove it.

Of course it does. Unfortunately this makes the post look more like spam.

Edited by sknis

Your link looks a lot like advertising for your site and things you sell. Things like that are not allowed. Please remove it.

Of course it does. Unfortunately this makes the post look more like spam.

(sorry - link removed. It wasn't a spam site, just my art/photog blog)

Anyway, maybe I wasn't clear. I have produced a short vid tut, captured using CamStudio, with HD dimensions of 1280x720. I now have an AVI file from which I need to trim a couple of seconds from the start and end. I also want to add a short title sequence. So I have imported that file into a new VideoWave production, using a a 16:9 production size and to which I have done the trimming and titling.

I now want to output from VideoWave as YouTube recommends - an MPEG-2 (or MPEG-4) at 1280x720 resolution but this isn't an option.

Are you suggesting I should output it at a lower resolution from VidoeWave and then upsize by conversion to 1280x720? YouTube recommends against such conversions due to loss of quality, so I'm puzzled.

Cheers,

Highton Ridley