• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

says burn is successful but nothing there

debbiesg

Question

I set it all up and tell it what I want to burn to my disk. It does its thing and says it has completed successfully. When I go to look it says the disk is blank. When I try to view it in my computer it says the drive is inaccessible, wrong function. What's up and what can I do?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

I set it all up and tell it what I want to burn to my disk. It does its thing and says it has completed successfully. When I go to look it says the disk is blank. When I try to view it in my computer it says the drive is inaccessible, wrong function. What's up and what can I do?

Thanks

I haven't a clue on what you can do since I haven't a clue what you have done or are even trying to do :blink:

It would really help if you explained what it is you are trying to create: a data disc, a audio disc a video disc? We are not mind readers :rolleyes:

I haven't a clue on what you can do since I haven't a clue what you have done or are even trying to do :blink:

It would really help if you explained what it is you are trying to create: a data disc, a audio disc a video disc? We are not mind readers :rolleyes:

I am sorry. I am trying to make a data disc. I try to put three folders on my disc. Says it is successful but nothing shows up.

I am sorry. I am trying to make a data disc. I try to put three folders on my disc. Says it is successful but nothing shows up.

Were getting there.....give us a step by step of what you are doing.

1- What O/S do you have XP/Vista/Win 7.

2- What application in the Roxio suite are you using. there are many.

3- Are these folders on your hard drive.

4- Do you have a Full retail version of Creator 2009 or did it come pre-installed on your computer.

5- Did it ever work,

Details.....details

Were getting there.....give us a step by step of what you are doing.

1- What O/S do you have XP/Vista/Win 7.

2- What application in the Roxio suite are you using. there are many.

3- Are these folders on your hard drive.

4- Do you have a Full retail version of Creator 2009 or did it come pre-installed on your computer.

5- Did it ever work,

Details.....details

1. I have windows xp.

2. I click on Roxio Creator DE then on home. I click on Data then Data Disc. At the top I click on Add Data then on add folder. They are on my hard drive.

4. It came pre-installed on my computer.

5. Yes it has always worked until now.

As stated earlier change your burn speed and see if that works.

Also, you might have to close the disc which shouldn't really be necessary to see the files on a PC. But, you never know?

lastly, your writer might be failing and isn't burning the disc properly or the media is suspect?

Try a different programme to burn some files to cd or dvd to test the drive.

imgburn is a good programme to install, and is simple to use.

jinker

1. I have windows xp.

2. I click on Roxio Creator DE then on home. I click on Data then Data Disc. At the top I click on Add Data then on add folder. They are on my hard drive.

4. It came pre-installed on my computer.

5. Yes it has always worked until now.

See if it works using the built in burning capabilities of XP.