• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To rip DVDs and Blue Ray to Home Server

KAY Forrester

Question

5 answers to this question

mmmmm......purchased DVD, ripped to personal computer (home server) for personal viewing - not copy and distribute..... just bypassing the dvd player. No different than ripping cds to an mp3 player. Roxio Customer/Sales support said it could be done, but I can't find instructions.

mmmmm......purchased DVD, ripped to personal computer (home server) for personal viewing - not copy and distribute..... just bypassing the dvd player. No different than ripping cds to an mp3 player. Roxio Customer/Sales support said it could be done, but I can't find instructions.

If you have already ripped the DVD then what are you asking?

It is different from ripping CDs.

Despite what " Roxio Customer/Sales support" said, C2010 does not rip or copy encrypted or copy protected content. Look at the bottom of the page in this link

You cannot ‘Rip’ any DVD unless you are using the Legal Software that comes with the DVD…

There are some other Legal choices, Roxio includes a link to CinemaNow and installs the safeguard software. Apple offers a similar service and I am sure there are more. The same applies to BD.

Any other software that does allow copy or defeats copy protection, is simply not legal…

Your “intentions” are not relevant to the law. But you should be able to operate within these methods comfortably :lol:

Roxio Customer/Sales support said it could be done, but I can't find instructions.
This is true for any DVD or BD that you have created yourself using Roxio Creator 2010. It is illegal in the USA to break copy protection on any media so Roxio Creator doesn't have that ability.