• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Retail Boxed VHS 2 DVD & CREATOR 2010

AndAllThatJazz

Question

I purchased the retail boxed versions (windows 7 compatible) of both Roxio Creator and Roxio VHS to DVD -I installed Roxio 2010 creator first and thenVHS to DVD. VHS to DVD uninstalled the 2010 Creator software.

It's sort of like a dog chasing its tail with both products. Forgive me for perhaps not researching potential the pitfalls of both products but I expected both to work together. I have resorted to sticking with the 2010 Creator installation and note the Roxio USB capture device does work. However not sure whether it will capture from my VHS player etc...

Could Roxio technical support please explain the two products and how they should interact with each other please.

Thanks

Edited by AndAllThatJazz

7 answers to this question

I purchased the retail boxed versions (windows 7 compatible) of both Roxio Creator and Roxio VHS to DVD -I installed Roxio 2010 creator first and thenVHS to DVD. VHS to DVD uninstalled the 2010 Creator software.

It's sort of like a dog chasing its tail with both products. Forgive me for perhaps not researching potential the pitfalls of both products but I expected both to work together. I have resorted to sticking with the 2010 Creator installation and note the Roxio USB capture device does work. However not sure whether it will capture from my VHS player etc...

Could Roxio technical support please explain the two products and how they should interact with each other please.

Thanks

That is correct…

Uninstall both and only install Creator 2010, they cannot both be installed because they are made using the same 1.2.198 version.

Only 2010 has everything, whereas the V2D is restricted.

The Stand Alone capture device that works with 2010 is $50 so VHS to DVD only cost you $10 more… Unless you got them at the Roxio Store, you most likely will not be able to return open software.

This is ridiculous...

Yesterday I bought Easy DVD Copy Premier. I saw an ad IN THAT PROGRAM for Easy VHS to DVD. Thinking wow what a neat idea today I go out to the store and buy it and it uninstalls the Easy Copy. Looking at the retail box there is NOTHING to say that they can't be installed side-by-side. And they are advertising it right in the incompatible product.

Looks like these are the first and last Roxio products I'm buying. Unbelievable...

So basically I have bought two products that can't work together - however I have multiple PC's so I'll use one product on another computer. I bought both products through Amazon also at knock down prices so can't complain too much. I also have a product called EZ Grabber (VHS, Hi8 etc...) which although originally for Win XP does work in Windows 7 (32bit and 64 bit versions). Thanks for your help.

So basically I have bought two products that can't work together - however I have multiple PC's so I'll use one product on another computer. I bought both products through Amazon also at knock down prices so can't complain too much. I also have a product called EZ Grabber (VHS, Hi8 etc...) which although originally for Win XP does work in Windows 7 (32bit and 64 bit versions). Thanks for your help.

Full Suites offer a better pricing and are designed to work together rather than trying to build a hodgepodge suite on your own from similar products.

BUT no one will deny that there is no warning about this at all! Stand Alone Programs from the Creator 2009 or Creator 2010 don’t play well together within the same version…

Roxio did address this when the Build 201 came out last month. It plays with all versions.

If you had shopped a little better at Amazon you would have found the Roxio Creator 2010 SE. The Special Addition is custom built for Amazon and includes the Standard Retail Creator 2010 PLUS the Roxio Capture Device. But as I mentioned you only paid $10 for a Life Lesson on Caveat Emptor and that's pretty cheap! :D

And as you mentioned you can put the other one on another PC and run it there...

Edited by Jim_Hardin