• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
tseme

Problem installing Roxio MyDVD due to a Office Live Update error

Question

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking this question here; I don't know if it is a problem with Office Live or Roxio MyDVD.

Basically, when trying to upgrade MyDVD to the latest version (v10) I get an error message half-way through the installation telling me "An error occurred while downloading a required file. You may retry downloading the file or cancel setup." The error seems to be generated by Office Live, and the details are:

"Error: An error occurred trying to download 'http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/c/2/cc2592d6-2470-47a7-a134-1ba8f30a966c/OLPatchInstaller.msi'."

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I solved the problem myself - sorry for the post. It is not a problem with either program. It turns out that the self-extracting MyDVD installation file was not so clever and once it self-extracted it just triggered the first 'setup.exe' file it found in the folder it was in, which turned out to be an old, out of date, Office Live Add-In setup.exe.

Don't apologize. Thanks for the update.

You've pointed out something which can go wrong if temp folders haven't been cleared out, and that's useful to know.

I experienced an install error like this due to an old Norton setup.exe file being present.

I was confused until I read the this message because the error message said I was trying to reinstall an old version of Norton.

Thanks for the help!