• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

encoding problem

thor2008

Question

When burning the dvd using create dvd, It all goes well, I due the validation and it says no problem. When I press burn button the current tasd and overall progress box pops up and I see the encoding preview, then the current task and overall progress jumps to 100pct. without the dvd being burned...does anyone have any idea whats going on?

3 answers to this question

When burning the dvd using create dvd, It all goes well, I due the validation and it says no problem. When I press burn button the current tasd and overall progress box pops up and I see the encoding preview, then the current task and overall progress jumps to 100pct. without the dvd being burned...does anyone have any idea whats going on?

Please more details. How are you validating? What are you trying to burn to the DVD? A step by step description of what you are doing might be in order. Do you have Creator 2009 (where you posted)?

Please more details. How are you validating? What are you trying to burn to the DVD? A step by step description of what you are doing might be in order. Do you have Creator 2009 (where you posted)?

I have creator 2009. I validate by going to tools> validate project. I'm burning movies. I click on create dvd advanced, change menu, add movie> click on burn... disc maximum is more than project length. press burn and encoding preview pops up then problem I stated before happens

I have creator 2009. I validate by going to tools> validate project. I'm burning movies. I click on create dvd advanced, change menu, add movie> click on burn... disc maximum is more than project length. press burn and encoding preview pops up then problem I stated before happens

You are wasting your time by validating the project; it really doesn't do anything needed for video DVD burning.

Have you updated Creator 2009 to SP4?

What kind of video files - format - are you putting into your project? How much time? You can get one hour of best quality video on a DVD; any more you will get a loss of quality. After about 2 hours, you will not be able to burn.

Try this. In Create DVD Advanced, when you go to burn, uncheeck burn to disc and check burn (encode) to ISO (image) file. Name the ISO and set the location where you want it. What happens when you press burn? If it hangs then r gives you a problem, then the video file format is either not supported ot the file is damaged.

I'll assume that none of the video files are DRM protected.