• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

DennisToast

TiVo Premier & Mac2TiVo

Question

I have had rounds and rounds with TiVo support. But nothing has worked. Here is the situation:

I been a Mac, Toast, and TiVo user for years. Currently on an iMac 27" all updated, Apple Time Capsule all newest firmware, Toast 10.0.7 clean install/fresh and 3 TiVos.

My 3+ year old TiVo series 2 dual and single tuner model work perfect, have since day I had Popcorn and then Toast.

My brand new TiVo Premier will not work with Mac2Tivo.

I have been working on this issue for over 3-4 weeks. Remember, both the other TiVos work fine. My Premier sees the Mac2Tivo share, and the other TiVo units. I can use TiVoTransfer without any issues. I can transfer from TiVo to TiVo without any issues. I can even transfer a file from Mac to TiVo series 2 then over to TiVo Premier without problem.

Yes, Ive clean installed latest copy of Toast scrubbing all the leftover files.

Yes, I've rebooted my router, modem, TiVo, and Mac multiple times.

The TiVo P works fine with Netflix, YouTube, other TiVos and even once I tried the Tivo photo and music share program and it worked perfect too. (its now not running, was only a test).

...I thought it could be a format issue or codec thing. So I downloaded a sample of 10 different codecs from MPG2 to Divx to VCD... all work fine and transfer and play on TiVo S2, but not Tivo P. Even though I can transfer them from Tivo S2 to the P.

I'm going round and round. Nothing.

TiVo support keeps emailing me quick answers that makes me wonder if they even read the posts.

Help me community, your my only hope :D ... and thank you.

5 answers to this question

The answer is simple. It isn't working. Nothing you can do to get it to work. Hopefully Roxio will fix it. Another thread about this had a link to the freeware pyTivoX that is working for me with my TiVo Premiere.

So is it confirmed that no one has got it to work?

Cause Roxio and TiVo keep saying it will??

I literally hate new stuff lately haha, I had so many issues with 10.6 and now new TiVo.

I just want confirmation that NO one has had it work :P

I literally hate new stuff lately haha, I had so many issues with 10.6 and now new TiVo.

From what I can tell it Mac2TiVo doesn't work with the Premiere models. On mine the TiVo sees my Mac but doesn't see any contents to play. It does work using pyTivoX so I know the problem isn't the Tivo, the Mac or the network. Everything between the Mac and TiVo are working fine except for Mac2TiVo.

I can confirm that it doesn't work for me either on the Premiere. Works great on my five Series 2s but not the Premiere.