• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Read this before updating to Toast 10.0.7

tsantee

Question

There are reports of some bugs in Toast 10.0.7 involving certain video projects. You can have both Toast 10.0.6 (or an earlier version) along with Toast 10.0.7 in your Applications folder just in case you need to revert to the earlier version if you encounter problems. You don't need to keep all the other applications in your earlier Toast Titanium folder; just the earlier Toast application itself. Simply rename the folder to something like "Toast old" so it doesn't get written over when installing the 10.0.7 version.

You also can skip installing the update and turn off the alert about the update by unchecking a box in Toast Preferences.

Here's what Roxio says is new in 10.0.7:

• iPad video export profile now available as device setting for video exports
  • TiVo recordings (US only) can now be exported at 640x480 resolution
  • Resolves issue where text entered may appear outside text field
  • Resolves issue where DVD-Video volume with \ in name may be handled incorrectly
  • Resolves issue which may cause application to crash

2 answers to this question

Can you elaborate on specific differences (introduced bugs?) between 10.0.6 and 10.0.7 ?

Not really because I haven't had time (or comparable files) to confirm some of the reports I've read here. There are posts where people are reporting different problems with Toast 10.0.7 that they said they didn't have with 10.0.6. I know the Fit-to-DVD compression doesn't work if you de-select any of the source content.

My recommendation is to use Toast 10.0.7 and if something doesn't go right give 10.0.6 a try and report your findings here.