jojoand

Won't produce wide screen video

Question

I have tried to get a wide screen DVD and have chosen the 16x9 option, but the video still turns out 4x3, which scrunches everything up, since it was captured wide screen. Is there a way to get Creator 2009 to produce a wide screen video?

7 answers to this question

I have tried to get a wide screen DVD and have chosen the 16x9 option, but the video still turns out 4x3, which scrunches everything up, since it was captured wide screen. Is there a way to get Creator 2009 to produce a wide screen video?

It may be the camcorder that you are using especially if it is JVC, Panasonic or Sony. Which one do you have including model number. How are you getting the video from the camcorder to your computer? What is the format? Are you going directly from the camcorder to your computer to Create DVD- Advanced? It may be this issue.

Actually, I am using a file created by Windows Live Movie Maker from a TV program I recorded. It is a wide screen, high def program and the wmf file that it created is wide screen. In DVD maker the movie was created as a wide screen, but I wanted to do more with it in Creator 2009. But when I burned it (or previewed it) in Creator 2009, it was not in wide screen.

It may be the camcorder that you are using especially if it is JVC, Panasonic or Sony. Which one do you have including model number. How are you getting the video from the camcorder to your computer? What is the format? Are you going directly from the camcorder to your computer to Create DVD- Advanced? It may be this issue.

Edited by jojoand

Actually, I am using a file created by Windows Live Movie Maker from a TV program I recorded. It is a wide screen, high def program and the wmf file that it created is wide screen. In DVD maker the movie was created as a wide screen, but I wanted to do more with it in Creator 2009. But when I burned it (or previewed it) in Creator 2009, it was not in wide screen.

Just let me get this clear. You are sure that the video is wide screen and high definition. You are also sure that the program is NOT DRM protected. You open Edit Video -Advanced and set the project type to 16 by 9. You add the file. It looks like it is 16 by 9. Is that correct?

Did you mean that you have a wmv format video? I don't think that wmf would be the right term in this context.

Please use the actual names of the application you are using. There are over 30 of them and about 1/2 of them have to do with video/video editing. Creator 2009 really doesn't tell us anything other than what version you have.

Please confirm the statements in the first paragraph.

Edited by sknis

Just let me get this clear. You are sure that the video is wide screen and high definition. You are also sure that the program is NOT DRM protected. You open Edit Video -Advanced and set the project type to 16 by 9. You add the file. It looks like it is 16 by 9. Is that correct?

Did you mean that you have a wmv format video? I don't think that wmf would be the right term in this context.

Please use the actual names of the application you are using. There are over 30 of them and about 1/2 of them have to do with video/video editing. Creator 2009 really doesn't tell us anything other than what version you have.

Please confirm the statements in the first paragraph.

OK, I am using Roxio My DVD (a part of Creator 2009). The video was recorded from a live TV show using Windows Media Center and then turned into a .wmv file by Windows LIve Movie Maker. The file plays as widescreen and it was recorded from an HD tv program. When I play the wmv file in windows media player, it plays widescreen. There is no "video/advanced" choice on my edit menu, but I do select "Project settings" on the file menu and select 16x9. The menu shown is then widescreen and the video ON THE MENU looks widescreen, but when I preview the video or create it, the video becomes 4x3 size in the actual video. I have seen others with this problem and it had to do with not recognizing the correct file ratio. There really isn't anything more I can tell you. Perhaps My DVD just doesn't work properly with wmv files, (and I am sorry I got that last letter wrong, I meant wmv, not wmf.)

OK, I am using Roxio My DVD (a part of Creator 2009). The video was recorded from a live TV show using Windows Media Center and then turned into a .wmv file by Windows LIve Movie Maker. The file plays as widescreen and it was recorded from an HD tv program. When I play the wmv file in windows media player, it plays widescreen. There is no "video/advanced" choice on my edit menu, but I do select "Project settings" on the file menu and select 16x9. The menu shown is then widescreen and the video ON THE MENU looks widescreen, but when I preview the video or create it, the video becomes 4x3 size in the actual video. I have seen others with this problem and it had to do with not recognizing the correct file ratio. There really isn't anything more I can tell you. Perhaps My DVD just doesn't work properly with wmv files, (and I am sorry I got that last letter wrong, I meant wmv, not wmf.)

"video/advanced" is not a choice on the edit menu :blink: You find "Edit video - advanced" on the C2009 main menu page. It launches Videowave where you set the project type.

"video/advanced" is not a choice on the edit menu :blink: You find "Edit video - advanced" on the C2009 main menu page. It launches Videowave where you set the project type.

OK, then that is what I did. I thought he meant to select it from the program module (Videowave).

Sorry, I am still confused.

First I want to make sure that you still have a wide screen video. Download gspot codec information appliance and drag the file to that application. what does it say about the format and the frame size.

If it is still wide screen then:

1) Open Video Wave

2) Go to new project and select the 16 by 9 option.

3) Add the movie file. Does it look wide screen?

4) Do your edits.

5) Output the project to a file.

6) Open Create DVD (Make DVD advanced (they change the name of the applications so I don't remember what is in Creator2009)

7) Set your project to DVD/ w/ w/out menu.

8) Add the project file. (Preview- does it look wide screen?)

9) Burn to an ISO file at best quality or same as original.

10) Copy the ISO file to your DVD.