DerekGCWhite

RecordNow Premier 10 and MyDVD 10 installation problems

CONTEXT

I have purchased upgrades to MyDVD 10 and RecordNow Premier 10 to replace Version 9 of both products.

I use MyDVD irregularly but I have some 2-3 weeks of music files (around 500GB) and use various features of RecordNow that are not within MyDVD

I install RecordNow successfully and using the installed software I copy a number of m4a files from Itunes to my HTC phone

I now install MyDVD 10 successfully which, during the installation blurb, mentioned that it is uninstalling RecordNow

When I open MyDVD there are no options to allow me to copy m4a files to my HTC phone

When I attempt to re-install RecordNow 10 the installation starts and then completes without installing any software, with no indication as to why

I have downloaded the latest software RecordNowMusicLabPremier10.1_FA69AZT1RNP.exe and when the installation asks for the key I enter the key supplied with the original RecordNow Premier 10 and the key is rejected as invalid

I have downloaded MyDVD 10.1 and have entered the key supplied when I purchased the MyDVD 10 upgrade and I am being told the key is invalid

For both the above products I have checked it is valid to use either the hard copy CD Key or the downloaded product key

PROBLEM

1) Why does MyDVD remove RecordNow during installation without regard to the impact on the user?

2) Why I am not allowed to use the functionality of the software I have legally purchased?

3) Why is both MDP & RNP software updates not allowing a valid key to be entered?

I look forward to a speedy response

Edited by DerekGCWhite