• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 2010 Pro DVD & Video Edit Options Not Working

Dick J

Question

I just purchased the download version of EMC 2010 Pro and installed it on a 64bit Win7 PC. The basic CD functions work, but when I click on video editing or any DVD function, I get the message "No Permissions to Launch Application." Can anyone help?

-System: Win7 64-bit, Intel Core 2 E8500 CPU, 8GB Ram, ATI 5850 graphics, DVD. Win7 is fully up to date, Net Framework is turned on

-AntiVirus: Norton Internet Security Suite 2010. Note that Norton was disabled during EMC download and all installs

-Had EMC 2009 on the computer before upgrading to 2010. Before the 2010 install, I uninstalled 2009, deleted the directory and deleted all references that I could find in the registry

-EMC 2010 Pro first install: I applied SP2 and the May Update. Error message occurred both before and after updates. EMC 2010 Pro Install Sequence: First, I installed Disk 1. Then Disk 2. Finally, Content.

-EMC 2010 program is registered

-My Win7 had Net Framework 3.51 active the first time I tried the install - got the "No Permissions" error message. As a guess as part of a re-install, I also installed Net Framework 4.0.

-Did a complete second install of EMC 2010 Pro. Before the reload, I un-installed EMC, erased the directory, deleted all Roxio entries in the registry that I could find and ran CCleaner registry cleanup. Result after reload both before and after applying update - Same error message.

3 answers to this question

I just purchased the download version of EMC 2010 Pro and installed it on a 64bit Win7 PC. The basic CD functions work, but when I click on video editing or any DVD function, I get the message "No Permissions to Launch Application." Can anyone help?

-System: Win7 64-bit, Intel Core 2 E8500 CPU, 8GB Ram, ATI 5850 graphics, DVD. Win7 is fully up to date, Net Framework is turned on

-AntiVirus: Norton Internet Security Suite 2010. Note that Norton was disabled during EMC download and all installs

-Had EMC 2009 on the computer before upgrading to 2010. Before the 2010 install, I uninstalled 2009, deleted the directory and deleted all references that I could find in the registry

-EMC 2010 Pro first install: I applied SP2 and the May Update. Error message occurred both before and after updates. EMC 2010 Pro Install Sequence: First, I installed Disk 1. Then Disk 2. Finally, Content.

-EMC 2010 program is registered

-My Win7 had Net Framework 3.51 active the first time I tried the install - got the "No Permissions" error message. As a guess as part of a re-install, I also installed Net Framework 4.0.

-Did a complete second install of EMC 2010 Pro. Before the reload, I un-installed EMC, erased the directory, deleted all Roxio entries in the registry that I could find and ran CCleaner registry cleanup. Result after reload both before and after applying update - Same error message.

Did you try this?