• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ROBBARNES

Toast Error code -18711 What does it mean?

Question

An hour or so into Encoding an HD video for burning on a DVD with the Toast Blu-Ray plug in - I get the error - ..." can't proceed with burning the disc, error with Source Material. Error code - 18711"

The tech support of Roxio (in the Phillipines) doesn't have an answer - they have no list of errors. They just can't say " I don't know".

Does anyone here know what it means - and how to solve the problem, so I can get back to work? (3 days of thrashing on this)

-R

8 answers to this question

I had a similar problem with the (error?) Result code = -18771. Maybe its the same as -18711?

Within a few seconds into the encode.

The dialog was as follows:

Could not record the disc because there is

a problem with the source material.

The source material was in the Format:

H.264

1280x720 (1248x702)

millions

AAC, Stereo (L R), 44.100 kHz

1:28 duration

I had a similar problem with the (error?) Result code = -18771. Maybe its the same as -18711?

Within a few seconds into the encode.

The dialog was as follows:

Could not record the disc because there is

a problem with the source material.

The source material was in the Format:

H.264

1280x720 (1248x702)

millions

AAC, Stereo (L R), 44.100 kHz

1:28 duration

ACTUALLY - you got the code correct - I was wrong - it is (minus sign) -18771

NOTHING I DO WILL LET ME FINISH ENCODING - except create a disc image and then burn the disk image - which MAKES A DATA DISC not a Blu-Ray disc I can just insert and play.

IDEAS? ANYONE ?

I've been going through the forum (sorry, didn't see the numbers of the pages on the bottom - oops) and as far as I can tell no one seems to have a definitive answer for this problem. There certainly doesn't seem to be any answer from Roxio. And noting the EXTREMELY unhelpful response from the over seas support team from others on the forum I certainly do not want to spend time there.

Toast has been a reliable tool for me over the years. Has this come to an end?

Roxio, please address this issue!

From what I've read I believe you need to select a lower maximum bit rate in the custom encoder settings window. But I haven't done any troubleshooting of this and I'm only passing along one possibility.

ACTUALLY - you got the code correct - I was wrong - it is (minus sign) -18771

NOTHING I DO WILL LET ME FINISH ENCODING - except create a disc image and then burn the disk image - which MAKES A DATA DISC not a Blu-Ray disc I can just insert and play.

IDEAS? ANYONE ?

I was wondering where your source video is located. Is it on internal Mac drive or external drive? If on external drive, could you copy video files to internal drive and restart process to see if that makes a difference. If already on internal drive, maybe try tsantee's suggestion. I think this problem/error has been encountered by others (search for other threads), but so far I haven't encountered it (knock on wood). Good luck.

An hour or so into Encoding an HD video for burning on a DVD with the Toast Blu-Ray plug in - I get the error - ..." can't proceed with burning the disc, error with Source Material. Error code - 18711"

The tech support of Roxio (in the Phillipines) doesn't have an answer - they have no list of errors. They just can't say " I don't know".

Does anyone here know what it means - and how to solve the problem, so I can get back to work? (3 days of thrashing on this)

-R

I responded to this question in another thread:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=64990

Man oh man why isn't their a fix with this issue. Keep getting the same error as everybody has.

It's maddening, but at least the tip I gave above has solved it for me ~90% of the time.