• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

accelv

error: -18768

Question

3 answers to this question

Toast 10 won't burn AVCHD files to DVD. I get arreo -18768. Any clues?

Go to the Search (top right on this page) and type in 18768, you should get many hits.

post-68-1275866377.png

Toast 10 won't burn AVCHD files to DVD. I get arreo -18768. Any clues?

Try an experiment: Turn down your encoding bitrates to below 18 Mbps, which is the limit for the red laser technology of DVDs. Try anything less than 15 avg. and 17 max. I've had success with those values.

This may or may not solve your error, but either way it will make for a smoother playing disc. Higher bitrate burns, even if they succeed, will cause jerky movement and other errors on playback.

Try an experiment: Turn down your encoding bitrates to below 18 Mbps, which is the limit for the red laser technology of DVDs. Try anything less than 15 avg. and 17 max. I've had success with those values.

This may or may not solve your error, but either way it will make for a smoother playing disc. Higher bitrate burns, even if they succeed, will cause jerky movement and other errors on playback.

I had a similar problem when I tried to burn HD files in a Blu-Ray project to a standard DVD. I received the error -18768. Roxio help desk had me de-install all Roxio products then re-install Toast 10 and updates up to current level and HD Blu-ray Plug-in. This didn't help. So I called back. This time the help desk agent asked me what type of media I was using. I was using Memorex DVD+R single layer. The help desk agent suggested that I try again using DVD-R. I happened to have the -R DVDs so I tried it and it worked! No more -18768 errors.