• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windows 7 32 and 64 bit

grandorient

Question

Some information on an issue, that is not the fault of video copy and convert.

I had (still have) a PC based on windows 7 professional 32 bit.

I have since purcased a second PC from Dell which is a quad core 2.66 with 6Gb memory, 1Gb Nvidia video card, running Windows 7 professional 64 bit.

All the movies I download, are from legal sites, in particular MovieBerry.

I recently downloaded a movie from Movie Berry called Egypt and happily, although very slowly, converted the 700Mb file to DVD and consequently burnt it to a DVD. All this worked really quite well. The extension to the movie was .avi.divx

I then moved to my new computer and as a speed test I tried to do the same thing. It simply wouldn't convert and just sat on the 8%.

As I live in Australia, I found that I could happily watch the view the movie in its original format (.avi.dix) by using Mydvd to copy the movie to a DVD.

The moral of the story, read the literature and other information readily available from Roxio, which clearly no longer supports divx. The second moral; there is certainly a difference in the 32 and 64bit versions of Windows when it comes to software applications.

Congratulations Roxio, on a great product, and yes I have deleted 2010 from my 32 bit system.

grandorient

1 answer to this question