• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do i get ac3 audio?

lilduncan

Question

I'm trying to get my videos to a dvd, but it keeps telling me that i need ac3 audio to have sound. well i dont have that apparently and cant figure out what i need to do to get it.

i have no problem making slide shows or burning music. I just want my videos to have sound. please please help.

I dont want to purchase anything else either, seeing how i have already purchased the Roxio.

4 answers to this question

I'm trying to get my videos to a dvd, but it keeps telling me that i need ac3 audio to have sound. well i dont have that apparently and cant figure out what i need to do to get it.

i have no problem making slide shows or burning music. I just want my videos to have sound. please please help.

I dont want to purchase anything else either, seeing how i have already purchased the Roxio.

What did you purchase from Roxio? It should have the c3 audio. There were some OEM versions available (free with hardware) that did not have that enabled.

Drag the video to gspot free codec information appliance to see if you do have that codec.

How are you trying to author the DVD? What application (not just the version).

What did you purchase from Roxio? It should have the c3 audio. There were some OEM versions available (free with hardware) that did not have that enabled.

Drag the video to gspot free codec information appliance to see if you do have that codec.

How are you trying to author the DVD? What application (not just the version).

i purchased the roxio easy cd and dvd burner at wal-mart. i downloaded it to my computer. when i go to play my videos threw roxio and it tells me i dont have ac3 audio that sound would be replaced by silence. so i burn the disc anyway, and like it said i had no sound. Its my home videos of my baby boy that i recorded with my conon digital video camcorder. it plays just fine through windows media player, i just dont understand why it wont play through roxio.

i purchased the roxio easy cd and dvd burner at wal-mart.

Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning has the very popular AC3 audio deliberately disabled so that customers then have to buy the full version as well if they want AC3 audio or DivX video.

This software has its own forum [you posted in the Creator 2010 forum], and you'll see this issue discussed there in this topic.