• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Extra space?

peaksoft

Question

1 answer to this question

As a new user, I'm intrigued to know why Creator 10 will allow me to burn an extra four tracks on a particular blank CD, compared with Windows Media.

It would help if we knew a bit more about what you're doing. Presumably, you're creating an Audio CD. What is the source for tracks, .WAV files? .MP3 files? Another CD? How many tracks does Windows Media Player let you put on? Apparently Creator 2010 (there is no "Creator 10", but there is an "Easy Media Creator 10") allows you to put on 4 more tracks. How long are the 4 extra tracks time-wise?

I've never used WMP to create an audio CD, but it's possible it does so in Track-At-Once mode, which adds an additional 2 seconds between tracks, where Creator 2010 (either from the Home menu, or using Music Disc Creator) burns in Disc-At-Once mode.

Or are you creating an MP3 CD? (A data disc full of .MP3 files.) In which case, if WMP is trying to leave the disc open for another session, then it needs to leave an extra 10-15MB for the lead-out/lead-in area. And if Creator 2010 is creating a "Read Only" disc (closing the session and the disc) then it won't reserve the space for the lead-in for the "next" session.

Give us some more details, maybe we'll have a better answer.

Edited by d_deweywright