Sign in to follow this  
Sleuth77

How Can I Reburn A DVD in PhotoShow 5?

Question

I made a PhotoShow production and successfully burned it to a DVD. I changed out the main hard drive in my computer and reinstalled PhotoShow 5 which I had purchased. I am also a Premium member with PhotoShow 6. I had saved my Photoshows to a secondary hard drive to a folder named PhotoShow 5. In this folder, ther is PhotoShow Video Cache. In video cache is a subfolder named cache. In it is DVD and data XML document. In DVD folder there is a file named 144. In 144 there is a 3.01 GB AVI video clip and the audio wave music file. I can play the avi file using Windows Media Player without any sound. I can't play or burn a new DVD from this file using PhotoShow 5 or 6. Only the first picture will come up and it ends the slide show. Does anyone know how I can reconnect the file with PhotoShow so I can make a new DVD in its entirety? I am using Windows XP SP3 Home Edition.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

I made a PhotoShow production and successfully burned it to a DVD. I changed out the main hard drive in my computer and reinstalled PhotoShow 5 which I had purchased. I am also a Premium member with PhotoShow 6. I had saved my Photoshows to a secondary hard drive to a folder named PhotoShow 5. In this folder, ther is PhotoShow Video Cache. In video cache is a subfolder named cache. In it is DVD and data XML document. In DVD folder there is a file named 144. In 144 there is a 3.01 GB AVI video clip and the audio wave music file. I can play the avi file using Windows Media Player without any sound. I can't play or burn a new DVD from this file using PhotoShow 5 or 6. Only the first picture will come up and it ends the slide show. Does anyone know how I can reconnect the file with PhotoShow so I can make a new DVD in its entirety? I am using Windows XP SP3 Home Edition.

Thanks

Why don't you just copy the original DVD using Windows? Did you upload the PhotoShows to the web site?

Why don't you just copy the original DVD using Windows? Did you upload the PhotoShows to the web site?

I can't find the original DVD. That's why I need to make a new one. I did not upload the PhotoShow to the website. I also tried Roxio Creator 2010 but that will not do it either.

I can't find the original DVD. That's why I need to make a new one. I did not upload the PhotoShow to the website. I also tried Roxio Creator 2010 but that will not do it either.

You may be SOL. What did you try to do with Creator 2010?

Did you try adding the video to "Edit Video -Advanced" to see if it is the correct video for the PhotoShow? If it is an AVI video file, you should be able to add it there. The same thing with the wav file. What happens if you try? et me know.

BTW, I could not find anything similar to you files on my computer anywhere. Are you sure they are PhotoShow files? I know they are in the folder but sometimes we do misplace things.

You may be SOL. What did you try to do with Creator 2010?

Did you try adding the video to "Edit Video -Advanced" to see if it is the correct video for the PhotoShow? If it is an AVI video file, you should be able to add it there. The same thing with the wav file. What happens if you try? et me know.

BTW, I could not find anything similar to you files on my computer anywhere. Are you sure they are PhotoShow files? I know they are in the folder but sometimes we do misplace things.

I tried your suggestion of adding the video and the wave file into Edit Video-Advances which is Videowave and it worked perfectly. Therefore, with your assistance I am not SOL. Thank you very much for your kind help. It solved my dilemma.

Case closed.

Thank you again.