• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No video signal

brighterhopes

Question

No Video Signal!

I have tried every kind of connection but it still doesn't pick up a signal. First I tried connecting the Roxio video capture USB to my VCR player. It made a buzzing sound but would not pick up a signal on my laptop/software. Then I disconnected the VCR player and connected to a small stand alone TV/VCR device. It has Line in (Video and Audio). I tried connecting 2 wires from that device to the hardware that came w/ the VHS to DVD software but I don't even get a buzz with that attempt. What do I do next?

b :angry:

2 answers to this question

No Video Signal!

I have tried every kind of connection but it still doesn't pick up a signal. First I tried connecting the Roxio video capture USB to my VCR player. It made a buzzing sound but would not pick up a signal on my laptop/software. Then I disconnected the VCR player and connected to a small stand alone TV/VCR device. It has Line in (Video and Audio). I tried connecting 2 wires from that device to the hardware that came w/ the VHS to DVD software but I don't even get a buzz with that attempt. What do I do next?

b :angry:

You Must connect to the OUT connectors or it will never work!!!

Very, very few TV’s have any OUT connections!

Buzzing when connected may indicate you have the Video output hooked up to one of the Audio input plugs…

While not the specific software, there are some pictures of connections in This posting. Review your settings and make sure everything is right. A DVD Player would be a good item to test with too.