• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Making background black and white

jml297

Question

4 answers to this question

I remember seeing in the Roxio Creator video a picture that had a flower that was pink and yellow, and the rest of the picture was black and white... how do I do this? Thanks!

If it is a still, color image you can do that by isolating the flower from the background in PhotoSuite and applying the black and white filter to the background. Or, apply the b&w filter to the entire image and then colorize just the flower, also done in PhotoSuite. If it is a video with a b&w bg and isolated color, I'm not sure what method they might have used if they worked in VW. Do you have a link to the video? Maybe we can figure out from that how they created it.

Thanks, I will play with it and see what happens. I'm able to cut out the image, but then I get lost on what to do next!

To be clear, are you working with one still image and want to make part of it color and the other part b&w? If so, this video may help show you how to select one part of the image so you can isolate it to work on, apart from the rest of the image: Making Freehand Selections in PhotoSuite. And then, this video may help show you how to apply different color effects to the selected areas: Colorizing a Photo. IIRC, there should be a black and white or desaturate/saturate tool in Touch Up tab for you.