• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mitza24

Program not opening - Drives set to disabled?

Question

Hi there,

Trying to open Easy Media Creator 10 and it is saying that is can not open unless my drives are enabled...which they all are. What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Ann

8 answers to this question

Hi there,

Trying to open Easy Media Creator 10 and it is saying that is can not open unless my drives are enabled...which they all are. What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Ann

Did this just start happening? Were you able to run the program properly in the recent past? Have you used a registry cleaner? You should be able to open Easy Media Creator with the drives disabled. Are you sure that you are getting the message from the Roxio program?

Do you have one or more packet writing applications on your computer - Drag to disc, InCD, other. These are programs where you can drag a file to a disc; they require the disc to be formatted to work. EMC 10 does NOT have a packet writing program.

How do you know that your drives are enabled?

Wow...lots of questions. :) When I click on the icon for Media Creator, a pop up box comes up and says what I listed above. It never happened before I did some work on the computer here to clean up a virus I had....and yes, its from the Roxio program since it says that at the top of the box that comes up.

I do not know what a packet writing app is so I can look for it if you let me know where. When I go into the Device Manager, all the drives are enabled.

Wow...lots of questions. :) When I click on the icon for Media Creator, a pop up box comes up and says what I listed above. It never happened before I did some work on the computer here to clean up a virus I had....and yes, its from the Roxio program since it says that at the top of the box that comes up.

I do not know what a packet writing app is so I can look for it if you let me know where. When I go into the Device Manager, all the drives are enabled.

Something got screwed up when you had to clean up the virus; my only suggestion is full uninstall/reinstall.

Prepare your computyer like this.

I'm sure you learned your lesson and now have a good (and perhaps free) anti-virus program running. Make sure that anti-virus is NOT running during the reinstall and set to not scan files alreay on your computer.

I have a nagging feeling that the issue you are having MAY be tied to a Windows issue.

Cleaning up your virus might have screwed the filter entry for your PX burning engine.

May I suggest you download the PX Engine installer from here. Unzip it into a temporary folder you create and then run the PXEngine exe file.

Restart Windows and see if your problem has gone.

If that doesn't help, then full uninstall/reinstall like Steve suggested.

It could be since this virus I had was attached to IE and even when I cleaned up everything, I still was having problems. I still have issues with my Windows Media Player so that's another fun problem. Thanks for your help...I will see if that works.

Ann

I know this forum is a bit old, but none of these worked for me on Windows 10.
I am sharing what DID work:

Note: if you have already launch Creator and gotten the error, you will need to go into Task Manager and kill the Roxio Creator process first.

First, verify this will work:

Right-click on the Roxio Creator icon and select "Run as Administrator".

If it launches, proceed to the next step.

Right-click on the icon then select "Properties"

Click on the "Compatibility" tab and select the box that reads "Run this program as an administrator"

After applying this change, the program should launch as an administrator by simply double-clicking on it.

Hope this helps!

MDev64,

Thank you.

Which version of EMC 10 does that work for, and which version of Windows 10 are you running it in?

Apart from the Administrator mode, do you have anything set in the Compatibility box?

Regards,

Brendon