• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't make any selections from menu during play back

michaelkindel

Question

Using MYDVD 8

DVD burning seems to be working fine with the exctiption of about every fifth or sixth DVD I burn.

Normally when I put in one of my burned DVDs the menu comes up with a red border around the menu image. When I hit either the 'play' or 'enter' button it takes me to the sub-menu where I can select the chapter I want to watch.

When I try to play back some of the disks they do not have a red border around the menu image. I can not play the video using the play or the enter buttons. I have tried the disks on three DVD players (Panasonic, Sanyo and Emerson) and I get the same results. I get the same problem when I try to play the DVD's on my computer (using Cyberlink Power DVD player). I can not click on the menu image as I normally do and get the disk to play.

I have figured out that if I put the Disk into my DVD player, press Stop, press Stop again and then press Play the disk will start to play without going to any of the menus. This technique works on all three DVD players.

I have tried using three different kind of disks and have had the same problems (PHILIPS, MEMOREX, AND VERBATIM all DVD +R)

Usually if I try to burn the same video again it will work properly by the second or third burn but this wastes a lot of discs and time.

Any information or suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated!!!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived