• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

downloading video recorded in "VR Mode"

discobug71

Help!

We initialized 2 discs in our Canon minidvd video recorder before we could record.

We apparently had to initialize them in VR mode in order to download and edit them on the computer.

WE didn't realize this at the time!

I can't go back and reinitialize b/c it will erase what's on the disc.

Is there any way to get around the VR mode to download the original to the computer from the DVR?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have already emailed Canon and they said there is no way around it.

Luckily I have one that I did in VR mode and was able to download that to edit and add music and titles.

The error message reads something like "cannot read disc, it is corrupted or protected".....etc.

Any suggestions? I really want to get this video so I can edit and burn to DVD's to watch and share with my family!!!!!!! argh :)

Thanks!!!

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
Help!

We initialized 2 discs in our Canon minidvd video recorder before we could record.

We apparently had to initialize them in VR mode in order to download and edit them on the computer.

WE didn't realize this at the time!

I can't go back and reinitialize b/c it will erase what's on the disc.

Is there any way to get around the VR mode to download the original to the computer from the DVR?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have already emailed Canon and they said there is no way around it.

Luckily I have one that I did in VR mode and was able to download that to edit and add music and titles.

The error message reads something like "cannot read disc, it is corrupted or protected".....etc.

Any suggestions? I really want to get this video so I can edit and burn to DVD's to watch and share with my family!!!!!!! argh :)

Thanks!!!

Lisa

Lisa

I'm not clear on, if you tried the mini-dv directly in the computer or you hooked up the canera to the computer. If it was the first, maybe hooking the camera to the computer through the firewire (IEE1394), USB or the RCA ports may work.

Good Luck

Joel

What program are you using? I have a LiteOn set top recorder that records in DVD VR mode. I have no problems using Media Import to transfer the video. Have you tried that?

Archived