• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can EMC8 convert AAC files

duxbury

Question

Hello, my first time posting.

Would like to upgrade to EMC8 from East CD & DVD Creator 6.

Does 8 convert AAC files to WAV files?

Have used Audacity to edit audio files, would you recommend Sound Editor instead.

My goal is to have image slide shows with audio (perhaps with multiple audio tracks of music in background with interviews).

Many thanks, as I'm just learning.

Kathleen

7 answers to this question

Hello, my first time posting.

Would like to upgrade to EMC8 from East CD & DVD Creator 6.

Does 8 convert AAC files to WAV files?

Have used Audacity to edit audio files, would you recommend Sound Editor instead.

My goal is to have image slide shows with audio (perhaps with multiple audio tracks of music in background with interviews).

Many thanks, as I'm just learning.

Kathleen

From the help file:

Supported file formats

Tip: When you add a file to a multimedia project, a warning message will appear. Select the Don’t Show Me Again check box, and then click OK to stop this message from appearing. To see these messages again choose Tools > Options, click the General tab, and then clear the Do not warn me about MPV and HighMAT compatible file types check box.

You can add a number of popular audio, video, and image file formats to a multimedia disc.

Warning: If you have enabled MPV or HighMAT support you should be aware that though you can add unsupported file types to a project, the unsupported file types will not be burned to disc.

When HighMAT is enabled, HighMAT playlists and menus are created, Only file types supported by HighMAT (see table below) are added to HighMAT playlists.

When MPV is enabled, MPV playlists and menus are created. Only file types supported by MPV (see table below) are added to MPV playlists.

A multimedia project accepts all the formats listed above, other file formats will be not be written to CD/DVD.

File type HighMAT supported MPV supported

audio -- .asf .mp3 .wma .aac .ac3 .aif .aiff .au .snd .mid .midi .mpeg4 .mpa .mp1 .mp2 .mp3 .mp4 .m4a .wav .wma

video -- .asf .wmv .avi .mov .mpeg .mpe .mpg .qt .wmv

image -- .jpeg .jpg .bmp .gif .jfif .jpeg. .jpg .jpw .jpx .pic .pjpeg .png .tif .tiff

From the help file:

Supported file formats

Tip: When you add a file to a multimedia project, a warning message will appear. Select the Don’t Show Me Again check box, and then click OK to stop this message from appearing. To see these messages again choose Tools > Options, click the General tab, and then clear the Do not warn me about MPV and HighMAT compatible file types check box.

You can add a number of popular audio, video, and image file formats to a multimedia disc.

Warning: If you have enabled MPV or HighMAT support you should be aware that though you can add unsupported file types to a project, the unsupported file types will not be burned to disc.

When HighMAT is enabled, HighMAT playlists and menus are created, Only file types supported by HighMAT (see table below) are added to HighMAT playlists.

When MPV is enabled, MPV playlists and menus are created. Only file types supported by MPV (see table below) are added to MPV playlists.

A multimedia project accepts all the formats listed above, other file formats will be not be written to CD/DVD.

File type HighMAT supported MPV supported

audio -- .asf .mp3 .wma .aac .ac3 .aif .aiff .au .snd .mid .midi .mpeg4 .mpa .mp1 .mp2 .mp3 .mp4 .m4a .wav .wma

video -- .asf .wmv .avi .mov .mpeg .mpe .mpg .qt .wmv

image -- .jpeg .jpg .bmp .gif .jfif .jpeg. .jpg .jpw .jpx .pic .pjpeg .png .tif .tiff

Hello Paul,

I have read the help section and tried asking the electronic support but I'm still not clear on the yes or no answer.

The device I am using to record audio captures in AAC only.

If I upgrade the Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 to the EMC8 will I be able to convert AAC audio files to WAV or MPV audio files?

Many thanks.

Kathleen

Kathleen, I took an .mp4 file (AAC Codec) and was able to export to a wav using both Music Disc Creator and Sound Editor in EMC8. I noticed no quality loss.

Paul,

This is what I was hoping would be the answer.

Upgrading exisiting software is so much better than purchasing yet another piece of software.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Kathleen

Paul,

Upgrading exisiting software is so much better than purchasing yet another piece of software.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Kathleen

Well, if you are getting EMC 8, you are actually purchasing another piece of softare. And, get EMC 8 Deluxe, if you buy.

Paul,

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Kathleen

There is many, many, more programs in EMC 8 tham Version 6.

Go to this page http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?act=idx and look at the programs in 8, and then scroll down to the version 6 forum and compare.

Plus you must meet the minimum requirements.......... http://www.roxio.com/en/products/emc/syste...uirements.jhtml

There is many, many, more programs in EMC 8 tham Version 6.

Go to this page http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?act=idx and look at the programs in 8, and then scroll down to the version 6 forum and compare.

Plus you must meet the minimum requirements.......... http://www.roxio.com/en/products/emc/syste...uirements.jhtml

---------------------

Firstly, I'l like to thank you all for your help.

After my last post I upgraded to the EMC 8 Suite. (This was before I read to upgrade to the Deluxe).

Did I get the wrong program? Because I'm just not able to figure out how to input the AAC files.

How do I read a .AAC file in EMC8?

Please advise.

Kathleen

Archived