contessakitty

Cd Spin Doctor

Question

Hello,

I'm contessakitty and I have Toast 10.0.7. I was told that's the most current.

I updated about a week ago and was most excited about using the Audio Capture app in CD Spin Doctor.

From the very beginning it was not consistent, I would only get one song recorded after internet streamed music had five songs in a half hour.

Sometimes I'd get the full thirty minutes.

Suddenly a few moments ago, Audio Capture is no longer an option for me and I am not happy.

It was so abrupt. I tried to install Audio Capture Support again and even though it says it was installed successfully again it's not an option.

At first I thought it was just a glitch on my laptop. But I saw in this forum, someone was complaining about this same thing. It's not our glitch. It's a glitch in the software.

I noticed that the person who posted on June 20 (4 days ago) is still having problems and he got no reply from his latest question.

I understand that nothing is perfect, software has issues,etc. What I want to know is:

What's going on? Why is it happening? How soon can it be fixed?

I think I'm being reasonable. I'm new on this forum so I have no idea how often you're on the forum to respond to complaints or issues. I'm hoping it will be soon.

contessakitty

7 answers to this question

I've had problems getting the audio capture to work from the window that opens first but have not had trouble getting it to work from the advanced window. In the opening window choose Start a New Recording. If the advanced window doesn't appear click the Advanced... button in the lower left. In the Advanced window choose CDSD System Audio Capture as the Input Device. See if that works for you.

We can troubleshoot how to get it to work in the first window but that probably requires trashing the Spin Doctor plist file as well as manually deleting the capture support extension from their libraries. I don't remember that off the top of my head. Let me know if you need guidance on this and I'll do more sleuthing. Even so, it's not working right on my MacBook Pro but since it works the other way I haven't been inclined to troubleshoot this further.

Hello,

I appreciate that you're taking the time to help me.

I tried in the Advanced window as you advised me but I didn't get the CDSD System Audio Capture option as an input device. I did before but not since the option was greyed out. I had the preference of the audio capture on the menu bar but it says drivers not installed, which confuses me because they were installed before. If I try the non advanced Recording Assistance mode I have the option for CDSD System Audio Capture but then I get an error if I try to record.

Should I just reinstall the new version? I don't know what to do and it's really frustrating me so any kind of help you can give I'm grateful for.

contessakitty

In your System>Library>Extensions folder drag the CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext file to the trash if it is present. In you root>Library>Receipts folder drag cdsdaudiocapturesupport.pkg to the trash if it is present. In your user>Library>Preferences folder drag the com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.LSSharedFileList.plist, com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.plist and com.roxio.CDSpinDoctor6.plist to the trash if present. Restart your Mac.

Open Spin Doctor (the version from the latest Toast update) and run the capture support installer again. See if that fixes it.

I followed your instructions. I wss able to find everything but com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.plist and com.roxio.CDSpinDoctor6.plist. Then I restarted my macbook pro. I ran the capture support installer but even thought it's there at first, the CDSD System Audio Capture option vanishes when I try to use the advanced or regular recording assistant window and try to record from there, I get an unable to record error and the CDSD System Audio Capture option is no longer in the input devices.I don't know what to do now.

Thanks

Contessakitty

In your System>Library>Extensions folder drag the CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext file to the trash if it is present. In you root>Library>Receipts folder drag cdsdaudiocapturesupport.pkg to the trash if it is present. In your user>Library>Preferences folder drag the com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.LSSharedFileList.plist, com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.plist and com.roxio.CDSpinDoctor6.plist to the trash if present. Restart your Mac.

Open Spin Doctor (the version from the latest Toast update) and run the capture support installer again. See if that fixes it.

Edited by contessakitty

I followed your instructions. I wss able to find everything but com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.plist and com.roxio.CDSpinDoctor6.plist. Then I restarted my macbook pro. I ran the capture support installer but even thought it's there at first, the CDSD System Audio Capture option vanishes when I try to use the advanced or regular recording assistant window and try to record from there, I get an unable to record error and the CDSD System Audio Capture option is no longer in the input devices.I don't know what to do now.

Thanks

Contessakitty

Hmm. What I resorted to was opening the CD Spin Doctor package and running the capture support installer from there. Control-click on CD Spin Doctor and choose Show Package Contents.Open the Contents folder and then open the Resources folder. The installer is titled CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.pkg. Open it and run it. Do all this with Spin Doctor closed.

I don't know what would cause the capture support option to vanish.

Hello,

I followed your instructions and I even restarted my mac. The same thing happened. Either I'm only getting 30 seconds of song or I do it through advanced and I get an error.

Should I just reinstall Toast?

Hmm. What I resorted to was opening the CD Spin Doctor package and running the capture support installer from there. Control-click on CD Spin Doctor and choose Show Package Contents.Open the Contents folder and then open the Resources folder. The installer is titled CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.pkg. Open it and run it. Do all this with Spin Doctor closed.

I don't know what would cause the capture support option to vanish.

Hello,

I followed your instructions and I even restarted my mac. The same thing happened. Either I'm only getting 30 seconds of song or I do it through advanced and I get an error.

Should I just reinstall Toast?

Reinstalling makes sense to me. I've run out of suggestions. I know it took a few attempts for me and I don't know why it didn't work nor what made it finally work. But those are the steps I took.