Can Only Download 11.5 Min At A Time From Cannon Hf-S10

Starman587

Question

I have a Cannon HF-S10 Hi-Def camcorder. When I download from it, Roxio only gives me 11.5 minute segments. When I put them together in Video Edit Advanced, a seamless recording has a space between them every 11.5 minutes. I recorded 45 minutes of video. How do I download it so that it is seamless?

3 answers to this question

I have a Cannon HF-S10 Hi-Def camcorder. When I download from it, Roxio only gives me 11.5 minute segments. When I put them together in Video Edit Advanced, a seamless recording has a space between them every 11.5 minutes. I recorded 45 minutes of video. How do I download it so that it is seamless?

You copy the Files from the camcorder memory to your HDD or add them directly to VideoWave…

Each and every time you click the Record button a New MTS File is created in your camcorder. It is not one contiguous movie.

I am not in a position to look at mine right now, did you actually record One 45 min. video with no stops?

One other thought, if they are even breaks is that it could be a file limitation by the camcorder media…

Jim,

It was one 45 minute uninterrupted recording. Don't think it is a file limitation of the camcorder. At least Cannon says not. I know about the pause breaks I had two after that, each about 15 minuts...

You copy the Files from the camcorder memory to your HDD or add them directly to VideoWave…

Each and every time you click the Record button a New MTS File is created in your camcorder. It is not one contiguous movie.

I am not in a position to look at mine right now, did you actually record One 45 min. video with no stops?

One other thought, if they are even breaks is that it could be a file limitation by the camcorder media…

The short version is that the Software simply does not do what you are describing…

But to make sure we are on the same page, describe in detail how you create the video – I have an S21 and would be happy to duplicate this but I need the details.

Then describe, in detail how you are transferring to your PC. (program-connection-etc.)

And describe exactly what you are seeing in VideoWave – both Timeline & Storyline views - a screencap if you would ;)