• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

dand47

Mydvd9 Chapter Navigation Out Of Order

Question

I have created several DVD Movies over the years with chapter menus using MyDVD 9. When the DVD's are played on a DVD player or when I preview them prior to burning, the chapters cannot be navigated in the correct order. When using the up/down or left/right navigation arrows it will move the selection in any direction (sometimes the correct direction).

Also when the chapter menu is selected it seems the first chapter should be selected but on my present project the HOME button is selected (highlighted) on the DVD player. When previewed it does go to the first chapter.

This makes it difficult to find the right combination of arrow pushes to get to the chapter you want. Not very professional so I decided it was time to get some help.

Here is how I have the menus organized on my present project. This project has two movies - first movie without chapters and second movie with chapters.

Main Menu (comes up when DVD is inserted)

__First Movie (plays ~2 minute movie then returns to Main Menu)

__Second Movie (plays ~60 minute movie start to finish then returns to Main Menu)

__Select Chapter (Selects an 8 chapter menu - text titles for the different chapters. Each chapter plays from a selected point in Second Movie to end of movie)

Chapter Menu

__Chapter 1______Chapter 5

__Chapter 2______Chapter 6

__Chapter 3______Chapter 7

__Chapter 4______Chapter 8

_______________HOME____^

Note: the underscores are to force this post to show the menu as formated on screen.

Thanks for your help.

PS: Don't know if this adds anything of importance but I used the default menu. I changed the background and on the chapter menus I changed them from buttons with image in it to text. The default had the chapters split on two chapter screens (4 chapters each). I moved the four on the second chapter screen to the first chapter screen.

Edited by dand47

5 answers to this question

Well, it has been 12 days and no one has come up with any suggestions. Do others have this problem?

Does anyone have a suggestion of another DVD authoring package? Guess I will go shopping.

Well, it has been 12 days and no one has come up with any suggestions. Do others have this problem?

Does anyone have a suggestion of another DVD authoring package? Guess I will go shopping.

First stop here. ;)

Does your suggestion of going to $200 alternative mean there is no fix for the problem in MyDVD9.

I have since the original posting made another DVD with five chapters. To see if it made a difference I did not change the thumbnail type chapter buttons to text but did move the fifth chapter to the screen with the other four chapters. It seemed to work better than the problem described above other than when going to the chapter select screen it defaulted to the HOME button instead of the first chapter.

Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

Does your suggestion of going to $200 alternative mean there is no fix for the problem in MyDVD9.

I have since the original posting made another DVD with five chapters. To see if it made a difference I did not change the thumbnail type chapter buttons to text but did move the fifth chapter to the screen with the other four chapters. It seemed to work better than the problem described above other than when going to the chapter select screen it defaulted to the HOME button instead of the first chapter.

Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

You asked for an option in your post #2 so I gave you one.

I'm not sure of what and how you are doing what you are doing. Can you do a step by step description. Have someone write down what you are doing while you are doing it to be accurate.

You may be asking the program to do something that it was not designed to do. It is not a problem but a limitation and is probably by design. DVDIt might have the options you want.

Have you tried to play the DVD on a different DVD player to see if it is a limitation of your player?

Edited by sknis

You asked for an option in your post #2 so I gave you one.

I'm not sure of what and how you are doing what you are doing. Can you do a step by step description. Have someone write down what you are doing while you are doing it to be accurate.

You may be asking the program to do something that it was not designed to do. It is not a problem but a limitation and is probably by design. DVDIt might have the options you want.

Have you tried to play the DVD on a different DVD player to see if it is a limitation of your player?

I will get back to you in a week or so with a more detailed description of the problem.

Thanks for your help.