• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

BruceIB

Screen Resolution Issue

Question

Newly purchased and installed Creator 2010 Version: 1.2.193 SP2.1;5.0.0.0

I have a Dell Inspiron 546 running Windows 7 with a 24" Wide Screen Dell S2409W Full HD Monitor. The recommended screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. I have been running it at 1280 x 720 which is the lowest I can get away with and still have normal looking windows.

When I want to do some jobs with the Creator 2010, it will not even respond unless I change to 1024 x 768 as the prompt suggests. When I do this, I can use Creator 2010 fine, but all other pages, Websites, e-mail, etc., are way out of a usable resolution. Besides not being able to do anything else on the computer until I finish with Creator, when I revert back to the original resolution, I have to resize a few windows and reorganize Desktop icons that were shoved around.

Is there any tweak or trick to make this a more user friendly program?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Bruce

8 answers to this question

Newly purchased and installed Creator 2010 Version: 1.2.193 SP2.1;5.0.0.0

I have a Dell Inspiron 546 running Windows 7 with a 24" Wide Screen Dell S2409W Full HD Monitor. The recommended screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. I have been running it at 1280 x 720 which is the lowest I can get away with and still have normal looking windows.

When I want to do some jobs with the Creator 2010, it will not even respond unless I change to 1024 x 768 as the prompt suggests. When I do this, I can use Creator 2010 fine, but all other pages, Websites, e-mail, etc., are way out of a usable resolution. Besides not being able to do anything else on the computer until I finish with Creator, when I revert back to the original resolution, I have to resize a few windows and reorganize Desktop icons that were shoved around.

Is there any tweak or trick to make this a more user friendly program?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Bruce

That is the requirement... Not that hard to change resolution in Win7

That is the requirement... Not that hard to change resolution in Win7

I know it's easy to change the resolution in Win7, but it's a PITA to not be able to use other Web pages while a burning project is in progress. Something that may take a couple of hours. And also resizing the windows and rearranging Desktop icons when done.

It's a shame a modern program can't meet modern OS requirements.

Thanks for your reply though. I know where you're coming from.

Bruce Hagen ~ MS-MVP ~ [Mail]

October 2004 to present.

I know it's easy to change the resolution in Win7, but it's a PITA to not be able to use other Web pages while a burning project is in progress. Something that may take a couple of hours. And also resizing the windows and rearranging Desktop icons when done.

Thanks for your reply though. I know where you're coming from.

Bruce Hagen ~ MS-MVP ~ [Mail]

October 2004 to present.

I guess I don't understand that statement. With larger and clearer monitors, you should be able to see the screen clearly at much higher resolutions. Just asking - are you having problems seeing the screen information at the higher resolutions? I have mine set for 1400 by 1050 but my eyesight is pretty good for my age.

You will also find that video editing takes a lot of CPU time and you will have some glitches if you do anything else while you are encoding and burning. I you have missing images, hiccups, etc. in you productions, that is the reason.

I guess I don't understand that statement. With larger and clearer monitors, you should be able to see the screen clearly at much higher resolutions. Just asking - are you having problems seeing the screen information at the higher resolutions? I have mine set for 1400 by 1050 but my eyesight is pretty good for my age.

You will also find that video editing takes a lot of CPU time and you will have some glitches if you do anything else while you are encoding and burning. I you have missing images, hiccups, etc. in you productions, that is the reason.

Thanks for replying. I have absolutely no problem seeing the Roxio screen that opens up. The problem is that when I click Create DVDs, I get this error message.

Screen shot:

http://i49.tinypic.com/21lr706.png

Last time I looked, the 1280 x 720 resolution I am using is higher than the 1024 x 768 size Roxio wants/needs me to change to before it becomes operative.

Thanks for replying. I have absolutely no problem seeing the Roxio screen that opens up. The problem is that when I click Create DVDs, I get this error message.

Screen shot:

http://i49.tinypic.com/21lr706.png

Last time I looked, the 1280 x 720 resolution I am using is higher than the 1024 x 768 size Roxio wants/needs me to change to before it becomes operative.

1280 is higher than 1024 but 720 is not is not higher than 768..

Got it?

Got it. I guess I live with it.

Thank you.

Why would you live with it?

Make sure both setting are at or above 1024 x 768 Display Resolution!

post-97-002728800 1278108000.jpg

YOU have chosen to change the resolution LOWER to that required by the software. Has nothing to do with the application meeting any OS requirements. As suggested, just change you resolution to what is required by the application and there will be no issue. You have a monitor that does 1920x1080. Why not use it? That what I use and Windows 7 looks great.

If you have a vision problem, then you can always change icon sizes and font sizes. As CD shows in his screen shot, most modern monitors have several settings between 720p and 1080p that are usable.

Edited by ggrussell