• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 10 Pro

kaw11

Question

10 answers to this question

when I capture my video from my dv camcorder and play it back it plays in fast motion. What causes this? Even when I burn it to dvd and play it on my tv it in fast motion

Creator 2010 or Easy Media Creator 10? What operating system? Which DV camcorder and how are you getting the video from the camcorder to your computer> How are you playing it back and what application are you using to burn the DVD. How much experience do you have with the program?

Creator 2010 or Easy Media Creator 10? What operating system? Which DV camcorder and how are you getting the video from the camcorder to your computer> How are you playing it back and what application are you using to burn the DVD. How much experience do you have with the program?

roxio creator 2010 pro. windows XP. The camcorder I use is a sony dcr trv250. I do know that older versions of roxio wouldn't reconize the camcorder. Creator pro does and will download the video. It's just when I play it back using either windows media netzero and so forth it plays back fast. I burned it to dvd using roxio and it looks good on tv when I play it nut it's in fast motion

I use a USB cable to download to my computer

roxio creator 2010 pro. windows XP. The camcorder I use is a sony dcr trv250. I do know that older versions of roxio wouldn't reconize the camcorder. Creator pro does and will download the video. It's just when I play it back using either windows media netzero and so forth it plays back fast. I burned it to dvd using roxio and it looks good on tv when I play it nut it's in fast motion

I use a USB cable to download to my computer

Do you have audio? This program probably thinks that the camcorder is a webcam since you are using the USB jack. I don't know if that is what is causing the fast motion or not.

You must use the FireWire (IEEE) connection to capture the video to your computer.

Do you have audio? This program probably thinks that the camcorder is a webcam since you are using the USB jack. I don't know if that is what is causing the fast motion or not.

You must use the FireWire (IEEE) connection to capture the video to your computer.

Yea the audio if find.

The dcr trv250 is a Sony Digital 8mm camcorder. When you use the USB, you are only capturing at 320x240. As Steve points out to get the full 720x480, you need to purchase a firewire cable that works with your hardware.

First, check to see if your computer has 1394 port and what type (4 pin or 6Pin). The camcorder has a 4 pin and it is labeled as iLink. I have a TRV740 and theiKink is beside the USB. You will need a cable that is 4 pin to 4pin or 4 pin to 6 pin depending on your machine.

By using firewire, you get the highest quality possible from your camcorder.

The dcr trv250 is a Sony Digital 8mm camcorder. When you use the USB, you are only capturing at 320x240. As Steve points out to get the full 720x480, you need to purchase a firewire cable that works with your hardware.

First, check to see if your computer has 1394 port and what type (4 pin or 6Pin). The camcorder has a 4 pin and it is labeled as iLink. I have a TRV740 and theiKink is beside the USB. You will need a cable that is 4 pin to 4pin or 4 pin to 6 pin depending on your machine.

By using firewire, you get the highest quality possible from your camcorder.

I checked and have IEEE 1394 bus host controllers

Texas instruments OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 host controller. So now I have to get behind my computer to see if it's a 4 pin or 6 pin? My dcr trv250 isn't labeled Ilink. it has from right to left

USB slot, DV slot, A/V out, Then an S video out

Yes, correct - it is the DV OUT. If you look beside it , you will see a small 'i' which is Sony's logo for iLink. Once you start capturing via this port, I think you will be surprised at how much better the quality will be.

post-49-098671500 1278349866.jpg

post-49-015401500 1278349878.jpg

post-49-041140800 1278349886.jpg

Edited by ggrussell

Yes, correct - it is the DV OUT. If you look beside it , you will see a small 'i' which is Sony's logo for iLink. Once you start capturing via this port, I think you will be surprised at how much better the quality will be.

Okay I purchased the firewire and everything appears to work good. Wish I had known this a lot earlier :) thanks so much.

One more question to help save me from trial and error. When I go to capture roxio give me two options for download.

AVI DV format and MEPG 2. Which one should I use for best quality and less space or is there another better format I should use?

You guys have been great and I really appreciate all the help.

Well you can't have both. LOL

AVI will give you best quality and much faster editing, but uses 13GB per hour. When you create the MyDVD project , the AVI will then be converted to MPEG 2 for final burning to disc. This way the video is only converted and compressed once giving you the best quality.

MPEG is more compressed at about 4.3GB per hour. Use this only if you aren't going to do much editing. Smart render only re-renders the parts that were edited, but if you do a lot of transitions, overlays, text, etc., the program may want to re-render the entire project. Since MPEG is already compressed, re-render can cause the image quality to suffer. This is a bit over simplified because there are a lot factors to consider.

Edited by ggrussell

Well you can't have both. LOL

AVI will give you best quality and much faster editing, but uses 13GB per hour. When you create the MyDVD project , the AVI will then be converted to MPEG 2 for final burning to disc. This way the video is only converted and compressed once giving you the best quality.

MPEG is more compressed at about 4.3GB per hour. Use this only if you aren't going to do much editing. Smart render only re-renders the parts that were edited, but if you do a lot of transitions, overlays, text, etc., the program may want to re-render the entire project. Since MPEG is already compressed, re-render can cause the image quality to suffer. This is a bit over simplified because there are a lot factors to consider.

I want to thank ya'll for all the help. I took your advice word for word and everything work out great. I really appreciate all you've done. Next time I gave a problem I will definately come back on here!